Senior IT Systems Engineer
Richmond, BC /
Information Technology & Systems – IT Infrastructure /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Senior IT Systems Engineer to join our Information Technology & Systems team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for delivery of a broad range of IT infrastructure and platform services in the cloud and on premises. You are a truly passionate and service-oriented IT leader with a proven track-record of delivery of transformational IT projects and practices. In partnership with other IT professionals around the globe, you will be responsible to deliver high quality outcomes across a broad range of IT management applications, systems, and infrastructure.
This is a “Level 3 service/systems ownership role”, responsible to deliver continuously improving uptime outcomes in a 24/7 operational environment through “hands-on” practices. This role includes on-call and travel expectations once it is safe to travel.
- Design, installation, configuration management and maintenance of Information Technology services and workloads on premise and in the cloud
- Regular participation in all aspects of incident, service request, change and problem management lifecycle
- Responsible to interact with end-users to gather requirements, establish use-cases and deliver design solutions for a broad range of IT initiatives
- Participate in ongoing efforts to improve standards, build operational controls, develop performance reports and evaluate technology opportunities in the marketplace
- Technical project delivery oversight
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Strong focus on integration of new services to existing IT environments – authentication and authorization as well as communication and collaboration services
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in researching, designing and independently implementing and administrating complex IT systems in the cloud and on premises
- Extensive expertise in the following areas: Microsoft Active Directory, System Center Config Manager (SCCM), Azure platform services (O365, AzureAD), PowerShell scripting, common security platforms, system virtualization, DNS, DHCP
- Experience managing and deploying Cloud based solutions, including authentication and authorization standards SAML, OAuth and Radius
- Solid knowledge of Windows Server Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Administration of Linux Operating Systems
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies
- General familiarity with backup storage, virtualization and firewall systems
- Knowledge of common IT frameworks (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- MSCE, CISSP, CCNA certifications
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.