Manager, Risk and Audit
Richmond, BC /
Finance & Accounting – Risk Management /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Manager, Risk & Audit to join our Finance team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. With the transformation of our business, we are seeking an energetic, confident and analytical leader to manage the key projects driven by the Risk & Audit function. In this role, you will support the Head of Risk & Audit in developing and executing the Risk & Audit strategic plan.
- Acquire a high-level understanding of each line of business, key functions and leadership teams to effectively execute the risk-based audit plan
- Own and manage the SOX compliance program (management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR)) through the effective management of the audit workflow, audit staff resources, and internal stakeholder expectations
- Perform the annual risk assessment and scoping exercise and revise as necessary
- Lead discussions with process owners to understand and document key processes and controls; assess risk areas and identify control gaps or areas for improvement
- Manage, execute, track and report on control test plans for regular reporting to Executive Management and the Audit Committee
- Analyze findings and observations and draw appropriate conclusions based on both technical guidance and professional judgment
- Track the status of deficiencies and facilitate the identification (and implementation, where necessary) of remediation activities
- Coordinate with external auditors to facilitate the external audit process of ICFR and reliance on Internal Audit’s control testing
- Lead special projects/reviews, fraud investigations and implementation reviews
- Keep abreast of leading compliance, risk management, and governance developments and best practices; champion the practices across the organization
- Facilitate key governance programs and oversight committees, including the Enterprise Risk Management framework and Ethics and Compliance Program
- Project manage special initiatives by planning, scoping, risk assessing, documenting and leading/collaborating with internal stakeholders to accomplish the project’s objectives
- Launch and promote the annual ethics training and Code of Conduct recertification process; monitor and report on completion rates
- Partner with senior management personnel to provide input on the revision and update of various Corporate policies and procedures
- Support ISO9001 audit requirements for the Sierra Wireless’ Risk Management process
- Perform risk assessments to identify and assess risks
- Analyze and evaluate controls and risk responses
- Assist management in developing risk mitigation plans
- Monitor and review risk mitigation plans and processes
- Assist in the risk reporting and periodic review process (Board, internal, external)
Internal Control & Compliance:
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- CPA designation is required; CIA or CISA designation is preferred
- Minimum 5 years external/internal audit or public accounting experience, with at least 2+ years in a supervisory position
- Strong knowledge of the COSO Integrated Framework (2013); knowledge of COBIT is an asset
- Familiarity with IT general controls and experience assessing application-level IT controls is an asset
- Advanced proficiency using Excel to perform data analytics
- Experience working with JD Edwards or similar ERP systems
- Be a role model for the company’s values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Exhibit strong leadership and communication skills to gain management buy-in for positive change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization
- Knowledge of PCAOB requirements is preferred.
- Ability to work independently whilst working remotely
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.