Field Systems Engineer - EMEA
Remote - Europe /
R&D/Engineering – Other /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Lead pre-sales Technical engagement with key customers and channel partners to help drive revenue generation goals exceeding sales quotas set by SVP of Sales within a specific geographic region. Revenue is generated through Distributors, Resellers, VAR’s, or Suppliers.
Evangelize Sierra Wireless technology, understand customer applications and create IoT solutions.
Through engagements with end users, provide Sierra Wireless technical training to VAR, Distributor, Reseller, Supplier, and Carrier technical representatives.
Primary responsibility is field technical support for pre-sales activities supporting Enterprise Regional Directors for revenue generation throughout designated territory and/or customer segment. This includes pre-sales engineering support for VAR, Distributor, Reseller, Carrier, OEM accounts and Strategic Accounts. Assist channels in direct customer technical Pre-Sales activities and collaborate with Professional Services and Post-Sales activities as applicable. This will be a home office-based position that requires up to 50% travel
Key Accountabilities/Statement of Work
- Building technical relationships with customers and channel partners teams, and lead all pre-sales activities, supporting demos, POC and managing trials. 20%
- Support resellers and Sierra Wireless Regional Directors in a pre-sales technical perspective with end user accounts. 40%
- Maintenance of technical integrity of existing partners. Speak directly with all technical people involved in Sierra Wireless business at least once per month and weekly for large partners. 20%
- Work with Regional Director to develop new customers, VAR’s, Resellers, Distributors, OEM’s, channel partners, etc. 20%
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 4-year college degree in the field of engineering and/or Information Technology or applicable experience.
- 10 years of experience in working with a data specific technical product line.
- 5 years of experience in a sales oriented technical field.
- 5 years of experience with IP based wireless technology.
- Technical background with wireless cloud computing solutions
- Technical understanding of wireless data technology 3GPP CDMA, TD-LTE, FD-LTE, VoLTE, GSM/UMTS, 5G.
- Technical understanding of low-level serial protocols utilized in telemetry applications
- Technical understanding of IP networking expertise across all layers of the OSI model and protocols including DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, VPN (IPSec and OpenVPN).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone and maintain performance
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, adhere to established deadlines and perform under pressure
- Understanding of the security considerations pertaining to cloud-hosted services, in particular the security of data-at-rest, data-in-motion, and multi-tenant hosted platforms desired
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies (optional)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching desired
- Experience and understanding of high-level programming languages such as Python, JAVA LUA in addition to familiarity with scripting languages (JSON) also desired.
- Desired to also be fluent in German, French or Italian
- Experience and understanding of high-level programming languages such as Python or LUA in addition to familiarity with scripting languages and use.
- Understanding of web services APIs as used in IT system architectures, and in particular the use RESTful APIs implemented in JSON over HTTP desired