Escalation Support Engineer
Atlanta, GA /
Customer Experience – Technical Support /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Provide Tier 2/ Escalation support for IOT Vertical Applications
- Supporting/Troubleshooting Uplink alarm application solution, this includes receipt of alarm signals over cellular network and delivery to central stations over IP/Dialer path in various protocols including DICE. Will be the escalation point before involving Tier 3 development team.
- Provide Tier 2 support for Electronic monitoring platform which includes web applications, platform, mobile application and various tracking devices. Escalation point for Tier 1 team (MOC), assisting engineering with product/service related testing and Trouble Ticket management
- Cellular network support for all IOT Application products and services. This will include working in the Jasper, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint portals as well as The Express and Solutions portals to support the tier 2 team for cellular related issues
- Document and Train tier 1&2 teams for changes in technology and service
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- 2+ years’ experience within the Alarm and/or Cellular Industries
- 2+ Experience in a support role
- Advanced trouble shooting skills and analytical skills to identify issues from logs and customer data is needed.
- Basic understanding with windows and Linux shell commands is required
- Understanding of GPS Technology, Asset Trackers, and other technology
- General installation knowledge from a technical standpoint and the ability to troubleshoot
- Hardware knowledge as it relates to alarms and other security technology
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies
- Alarm Industry Level 1 and 2
- Prior Experience in process documentation and implementation
- Experience being available as an on-call technician
- Experience in support organization for IOT OR Telecom vertical company is plus.
- Ability to understand logging tools like splunk, monitoring tools solarwinds/opsgenie and database clients is a plus.
- Ability to connect to IOT devices using hyper terminal and Linux/SSH tools is a plus.