SQL Database & Data Integration Developer
Richmond, BC /
Information Technology & Systems – Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic SQL Database & Data Integration Developer to join our Information Technology & Systems team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. You will be an important member of the Global IT & Systems team that supports business users in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
The systems and integrations entrusted to your care are powering business applications for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Financial Analysis, and Salesforce.com, as well as controlling vital data exchanges between our customers and factories. You ensure that our SQL Server-based systems and integrations are running optimally, that any exceptions are addressed quickly, and that we are positioned for future scalability in support of our aggressive growth plans. You are a skilled SQL and ETL developer with experience in Data Warehousing and are a keen student of the ever-evolving SQL Server platform and tool sets.
In addition to your advanced technical abilities, you have a service-oriented attitude, strategic outlook, complete sense of ownership, and propensity for teamwork and communication as a key member of a high-performing team.
In this role you will create, support, and enhance systems and data flows, allowing Sierra Wireless to make informed business decisions and maintain our competitive advantage. This role requires a deep understanding of database and ETL best practices, combined with the technical facility to develop and support solutions that keep our systems current and accurate. You will maintain a focus on data quality, consistency, and timeliness. You will collaborate with many departments of our business and will require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Support and develop native and ETL solutions (SSIS/Python) in support of systems integrations, data migrations, and a growing BI and Data Warehousing environment
- Proactively monitor, administer, and troubleshoot system integrations on a daily basis to ensure optimal performance and availability
- Design and develop enterprise database systems with a focus on performance and scalability
- Quickly respond to system-related alerts and escalations and work with the Director of Data Systems on implementing permanent solutions to recurring problems
- Own, track, communicate, and resolve integration-related incidents and requests
- Write T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, views, tables, and indexes
- Participate in peer reviews of code and processes to ensure that our deliverables meet the highest possible quality standards
- Gather and analyze business needs in close collaboration with Management, Data/Business Analysts, End Users, and others
- Collaborate on reporting solutions (SSRS/Qlik Sense) to address integrated operational reporting needs for internal and external clients
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Minimum of five years or more of hands-on, senior-level experience with MS-SQL Server (2008-2019) including management tools
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing complex T-SQL code and stored procedures
- Expert-level experience with SSIS design and development
- Demonstrated experience in Data Warehousing
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, and ability to provide creative solutions to problems and business challenges
- Experience in code migration, database change management, and data management through various stages of the development life cycle
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of test case creation, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing
- Strong customer orientation, ability to multi-task, and proclivity to thrive in a fast-paced team environment where tight deadlines are being met
- Willingness to take calculated risks and openness to change
- Strong documentation skills and ability to present ideas in a concise fashion where they are understandable by various technical, business, and management stakeholders
- Ability to support critical business systems during and outside of regular office hours
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies
- Experience with Qlik Sense and/or other data visualization tools
- CRM experience (Salesforce.com)
- ERP experience (JD Edwards)
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.