Senior Software Application Engineer
Issy Les Moulineaux /
R&D/Engineering – Application Engineering /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
As an Application Engineer working for a leading IoT solution company, you will be providing Sierra Wireless (SWI) product expertise, System integration knowledge and software development skills to SWI strategic customers ensuring a high-quality level of support in any of customer’s project phase.
You will be accountable to closely work with Sierra Wireless strategic customers as a member of the OEM System Engineering team. You will also be responsible for supporting customers during the software architecture definition phase and lead any troubleshooting support need coming in any of the customer’s product phase.
2G/3G/4G/5G/LPWA will be the cellular environment where you will evolve and you will provide expertise in the different components of the device to cloud solution that Sierra Wireless is proposing in his portfolio (SWI device, SWI SIM, SWI MVNO network and SWI cloud).
Deep real time embedded systems technical knowledge is required (specially for Linux: Bootloader/Kernel tuning, low level driver development/integration, module development, bootloader boot time optimization, management of HW interfaces with low latency, …), with 10 years of expertise in the domain.
- Support, assist and help customers in building up their device to cloud software architecture in the most optimized way.
- Perform demos and POCs to customers in a presales phase, highlighting the capabilities of the SWI products.
- Set pertinent reproduction scenario of the issue reported by the customer to find the root cause
- Investigate the issue in close collaboration with other team members or platforms development engineers to make sure the most optimised solution will be integrated for each reported issue
- Communicate investigation progress at regular intervals to the customer
- Provide detailed explanations to the customer of what the problem was and which solution has been implemented
- Return of Experience: Update/create all relevant documentation to prevent customers to face similar issues in the future
- Comply and contribute to quality improvement policy defined at corporate and direction level. Systematically use projects, actions return of experience to propose and implement, when applicable, continuous improvement plan
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Very good knowledge in C, C++ and embedded Linux
- 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies and 3GPP specifications (UE and network side)
- Linux bootloader, kernel (including BSP/drivers), system and generic Linux components knowledge (Rootfs customization, Network/IP management, USB composition, …), threadx.
- Good knowledge of RTOS
- TCP/IPV4/IPV6 and OSI model knowledge
- IoT device management protocol knowlegde : LWM2M, OMA-DM, …
- Good knowledge on security topics: secure boot, SSL, encryption, certificates…
- Strong customer-oriented mindset
- Fluent English
- A good knowledge of hardware platforms
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- Restful APIs architecture and coding
- Knowledge of cloud platforms.
- GNSS knowledge.
- Bluetooth knowledge.
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our EMEA benefits are aligned on a high-level standard. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.