Sr. Validation Engineer
Carlsbad, CA /
R&D/Engineering – Validation /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
a. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the system and validation testing of Sierra Wireless WWAN modules, modems and gateways.
b. Candidate to support the data collection on various operator networks during bench and field testing.
c. Will be involved in communication with development teams, software test teams, and third-party test labs/ wireless operators.
d. Support the design and definition of the test plan, working closely with the engineering team, to make sure the test cases and scenarios covers all the requirements from the operators.
e. Support testing on, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile .
f. Primary responsibility is supporting the validation testing with Verizon Motive (OMADM & LWM2M)
g. Support 3rd party test labs with triaging test failures and validating against requirements.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of Engineering or System engineering support in the mobile industry.
- Candidate must possess an understanding of the latest cellular technologies and has ability to effectively articulate issues to internal and external teams.
- Must be familiar with carrier requirements and third party test labs.
- Experience configuring computers and modems for wired and wireless networks is required.
- BSc in EE, CE, CS or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledgeable in product design and lifecycle.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through on outstanding issues and corrective actions.
- Ability to travel – occasionally with short notice.
- Ability to execute local field validation tests