Atlanta, GA /
IoT Solutions – IoT Solutions /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,100 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Provide pre and post-sales support to technical inquires through RSMs for IOT solutions.
Make sales calls with RSMs in markets areas in NAM.
Recommend products, integration methods and general application guidelines based on customer requirements.
Responsible for customer, distributor and manufacturer’s rep technical training and product demos.
Effectively manage a variety of technical support issues in a fast pace, growing organization.
Analyze logs / Perform and analyze network traces / Troubleshoot / Reproduce problems Support the operation of wireless networking solutions and management platform.
Able to work conjointly in an international environment with the Global Customer Experience team from the level 1 customer support to level 3 technical engineering team
- Supporting Sierra OEMS during pre-sales and integrating Sierra modules/connectivity offering.
- Handle internal tickets for troubleshooting at Level 3 and Follow up on issue until resolution with the collaboration of Level 3 specialists and third-party partner.
- Participate on internal projects dedicated to technical Support improvement or tools development
- Monitor network status using Sierra Wireless’ network management products.
- Maintain accurate and current notes using ticketing systems: Salesforce, JIRA etc.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Knowledge of telecoms, especially core mobile network: network nodes (2G / 3G / 4G / 5G), protocols and interface, architecture
- Knowledge & Experience Required:
- · Cellular/Wireless background
- · Hardware/Software design skills
- · Microprocessor integration
- · Embedded application design
- · Knowledge of networking protocols (IP, TCP, Ethernet, IP Addressing, Subnetting, DNS, and the OSI Model.)
- Project Management Skills to be able to prioritize time and resources to meet customer timelines and complete equipment certifications
- 5+ years’ experience in an Engineering or Technical Support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent Certifications
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- Strong technical knowledge of Cellular systems required.
- Software and/or hardware design experience are a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills are a must
- Theoretical and operational knowledge of network operation and system administration (tools, processes, metrics, SNMP)
- Experience working on MVNO network. Network architecture knowledge.
- AWS / AZURE cloud knowledge
- Vehicle telemetry: Knowledge of vehicle CANbus, OBDII, J1708 protocols