Account Sales Manager EMEA
Sales – Account Management /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
The purpose of this role is to commercially and strategically manage a portion our IoT Services customer base in Southern & Western EMEA.
The incumbent for this role will help expand our current footprint within these established accounts and help grow any potential new accounts by managing commercial adequacy and strategy implemention of our IoT Services portfolio alongside our other business teams, resulting in a best-in-class customer retention and expansion.
Position summary :
The incumbent in this position is responsible for orchestrating the account management on behalf of our IoT Services department and collaborate tightly with hardware business units to ensure a comprehensive overarching strategy. The incumbent leads all aspects of commercial relationship and growth plans for our services. The role will include the leadership on RFP process and will require strong negotiations techniques in the context of complex purchasing processes.
- Deeply understand customer’s account and environment throughout the end to end solution or requirements (HW, connectivity, service platform, use case, etc) and advise Business Unit management leaders on the commercial strategy for the assigned accounts.
- Lead commercial discussions on IoT Services with the customer, in conjunction with Product Management, Customer Service, and Operations organizations.
- Own growth plans, forecast, and timelines to execute onto customer onboarding and ramp-up.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- BS/MS in Business or IS/IT, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in selling in a high tech / Telco environment
- 5+ years of experience in the IoT industry or cellular connectivity services
- Strong experience in selling software and cloud-based services
- Full English proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies (optional)
- French, German and / or Italian is a plus
- Software and Cloud technologies understanding is a plus
- Experience in selling hardware components
- Ability to travel throughout Europe (up to 20% of time)
- Strong natural leadership, ability to influence