Senior Engineer, Firmware
R&D/Engineering – Firmware Development /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,100 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Deliver BSP related features (I2C/UART/GPIO/MIPI/USB/SPI/SDIO/I2S/PCM/Ethernet/reliability feature…) for Sierra M2M module development
- As a member of new product development team, the incumbent in this position is responsible for the BSP related feature design/development/debugging/testing in Sierra M2M module development.
Accountabilities/Statement of Work
- Deliver High quality design for BSP related features – deliver High Level Design(HLD) / Software Detailed Design(SDD) 15%
- Follow Sierra coding standard and deliver high quality C code 30%
- Apply common debugging tools (GDB/KDB/QXDM/QPST…) to debug the issues in BSP feature development. 10%
- Design comprehensive unitary test cases for BSP related features and ensure the features pass the unitary test cases 15%
- Involve in design review activities and contribute high quality comments in the expertise areas 5%
- Involve in code review activities and contribute high quality comments in the expertise areas 10%
- Troubleshooting in some critical technical issues 10%
- Prototyping of new technology and product ideas 5%
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor or above, major in Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in Firmware development experience in cellular industry. familiar with 2G/3G/4G wireless communication protocol (GSM/GPRS/ EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA+/ LTE/ 5G), system integration, device driver development. Qualcomm 3G/4G platform knowledge is a plus.
- Development skills/experience in the following areas:
- a) Embedded software and Linux driver development
- b) Real-time Embedded software and device drivers development (PCIe, USB, UART, GPIO, I2C or Audio, etc.); Data services (TCP/IP, QoS, etc.)
- c) Wireless standards (3GPP, 3GPP2, GNSS, WIFI, etc.)
- d) Device management (OMA-DM, LWM2M, etc.)
- A creative, quick-learner with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English is an essential
- Proactive working attitude. Being able to work well both independently and in a group
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- Experience in Linux USB Driver
- Experience in Qualcomm platform
- Familiarity with general software engineering, e.g., configuration management, documentation, build management