Engineer II, Integration
R&D/Engineering – Integration /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Analyze marketing requirements and translate them into engineering requirements. Integrate embedded software consists of several components
- Working closely with software development team, validation team and system engineering team to secure the quality of software delivery.
Key Accountabilities/Statement of Work
- Study product requirements and decompose the marketing product requirements into testable and quantifiable engineering requirements.
- Define customer application interface and review with both R&D and external customer engineering teams.
- Define the interface to be used for software components and review with internal R&D teams.
- Integrate different software components (BSP, modem, application and host); narrow down, identify and resolve technical issues reported during software integration and testing.
- Provide technical support for issues and queries raised by customer engineering team; perform customer issue initial triage; and coordinate with internal R&D teams for solution/answer.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor or Master degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in C/C++ programming and 3 years’ experience in embedded software application development
- Understand the nature of the open source development. Solid understanding of Linux/RTOS as a target platform and a development platform.
- In-depth capability on embedded software development /debugging tools, shell scripts, software configuration management tools (Gerrit, Git, Jenkins etc.)
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies (optional)
- Knowledge of test case creation, Quality Assurance, and User Acceptance Testing processes. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent process analysis, requirements gathering, and project management skills