Embedded Software Engineer – Expert
R&D/Engineering – Software Development /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Sierra Wireless provides smart cellular connectivity to customers deploying IoT devices worldwide. The solution combines devices, network services and software to improve operational efficiency, create better customer experiences, improve their business models and create new revenue streams.
For the R&D center based in Sophia Antipolis, France, we are looking for a Software Engineer with strong background in embedded software development, for telecommunication equipment such as modules based on the Qualcom and Altair platforms.
Within the SIM development team, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the SoftSIM application integrated to the module firmware. SoftSIM is an implementation of the SIM application toolkit allowing an application coded in C++ to interact with the module/firmware in the same way that a Javacard applet would interact with from a physical SIM card.
- 1. SoftSIM application development and maintenance - 40%
- 2. Software integration and test in module environment - 30%
- 3. Level 3 SIM support and operation - 30%
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- 1. +10 years leading embedded software development
- 2. Strong skills in C, C++, JAVA
- 3. Knowledges of Mobile Network architecture 2G/3G/4G
- 4. Familiar with 3GPP technical specification documents
- 5. Fluent Technical English
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- 1. Javacard would be a plus
- 2. Knowledge of SIM card ecosystem
- 3. Source code management (GIT)
- 4. Continuous integration tools (Docker/Jenkins)