Richmond, BC /
Finance & Accounting – Accounting /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for the operational and general accounting activities in Australia and New Zealand.
- Provide full-cycle accounting support for business activities in New Zealand
- Review accounting records maintained by local service providers and transfer the account balances to the Corporate HQ for consolidation
- Perform accounting review and analysis on revenue, cost of sales, gross margin, operating expenses, and balance sheet items
- Maintain and reconcile inter-company accounting activities with other global entities
- Liaise with external accounting and tax service providers to complete the statutory reporting requirements
- Participate in financial system integration projects
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Designated CPA designation with 1 – 2 years of industry experience in public company accounting
- Proficiency in accounting standards, U.S. GAAP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including use of Pivot tables
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies
- Experience with JD Edwards, Xero, and MYOB would be an asset
- Experience with accounting in New Zealand and Australia would be an asset
- Understand internal controls, SOX and experience working with external auditors
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.