Technical Account Manager
Atlanta, GA /
Sales – Account Management /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
The Acculink Account Manager will be responsible for upselling to and supporting assigned Acculink customers. This position will execute sales plans and campaigns to sell existing and new solutions to existing Acculink growth account customers, offer existing customers support and assist with the onboarding of new clients to be assigned. This role will report to the Director of Acculink Account Management & Product and will interact with executives and senior leaders across the company and externally.
- Contacting existing customer base by phone/email to execute sales strategies and drive sales
- Supporting marketing efforts with distribution and reseller partners
- Support other cross functional teams regarding Acculink products and services (i.e. finance, shipping, etc)
- Maintain accurate information in company RFP database, Qvidian and Salesforce and manage the relationships with Bid Services to maximize ROI
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- High School Graduate
- Minimum three years of experience in a role with customer interaction
- Ability to build relationships across various levels of the organization (virtually & in-person)
- Demonstrable ability to cold call into client base
- Ability to follow direction and work independently as required
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications is desired.
- Familiar with CRM systems (Salesforce)
- 5+ years experience in telecommunications/IoT Applications industry – specifically growing and maintaining revenue by selling and supporting asset, cargo and fleet tracking platform/device solutions offerings
- Solid understanding of platform and key cellular and satellite device specifications, features, use cases (asset tracking, cargo tracking, fleet management)