Senior Product Manager
Atlanta, GA /
Product Management – Product Management /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Sr Product Manager will lead the product strategy and execution for Omnilink (Electronic Monitoring) and Uplink (Security) product lines. Sr Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, manufacturing to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by obtaining market information
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products
- Assesses product market feedback by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results
- Bring new products to market by creating proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return-on-investment analyses.
- Establish time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Manage the product delivery with engineering and manufacturing
- Provide MRD with prioritized features. Provide details of the features during engineering elaboration sessions
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, costing special and customized orders.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Experience in Product Management or similar role for 5 years minimum
- Subject Matter expert in the security and offender monitoring industry
- Passion for conceiving, creating, and designing useful, innovative products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong ability to present ideas and information in influential and compelling ways
- Flexible work style comfortable in a fast moving, high energy and evolving environment
- Demonstrability ability to think strategically about a product and its positioning ii a marketplace
Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering a Plus
- Experience in IoT Industry in product management
- Program management or project management experience is a plus
- Experience in building products using agile methodology is a plus