Austin (HQ) /
Would you describe yourself as someone who can make ‘the impossible’ happen (like 007 for event shenanigans)? Are you a world-class dinner party host who also loves scheduling serendipity into your calendar? Do you think three or more people asking you questions at the same time is completely normal? If you love to capture spontaneity and plan the unplanned, then you just might be the taco-lover-of-all-trades we’re looking for to be our next Events Manager!
As a key contributor on our Marketing Team, the Events Manager will own the Siete Events Calendar and execute multiple types of events from concept to completion. We’re looking for someone with an agile mind and an energetic spirit, with a knack for problem solving and facilitating connections. Most of all, you’ll be eager to discover all of the ways you can bring people together, because, as we say, Juntos es Mejor.
- You’re a highly organized person with exceptional focus and attention to detail. You’ve always got all your guacs in a row.
- You’re obsessed with making all kinds of connections—from introducing people that should be friends to solving mysteries long before everyone else.
- You have the ability to prioritize between multiple projects at once. You’re kind of like a human website browser with a million tabs open, but alphabetized and categorized by importance.
- You’re always three steps ahead and anticipating people’s needs—a people’s person, in every sense!
- You apply a sense of urgency to your work and can move projects forward autonomously. In your mind, there’s always a deadline, and it’s always a couple days before the project needs to be completed! “Early bird gets the worm,” as you always say!
- You’re passionate about making people feel welcome and included. When you meet someone new, you remember their name and a fun fact about them and repeat it back to them later in the conversation.
- You make a great first impression. If you were a candle scent, you’d be fresh linen, or a batch of warm cookies—nothing in between!
- You’re a ball of energy. You gracefully flutter like a butterfly when you are in event mode and remain in flight until the event is done—and then you’re onto planning the next!
- You’re a creative soul that enjoys curating spaces, creating mood boards, and bringing a brand’s vision to life. You know those Pinterest boards that are perfectly organized, formatted, and cohesively themed? You make those!
- You’re willing and ready to help with even the smallest tasks because you recognize that events work best when everyone acts as a team with the same goal in mind!
What you will do:
- Design, create, and execute brand activations and events, including trade show & festival activations, influencer events, and internal events that prioritizes authentic conversation and connection among attendees over everything else.
- Champion Siete’s brand standards and values at each event, and train and lead event staff to do the same.
- Collaborate with your familia in Sales, HR, Community, Customer Delight, and Marketing to identify new event opportunities, then create and share a plan for the most impactful execution.
- Develop and regularly report on awareness and engagement metrics to track success of event and community outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with digital, social, community, and PR teams to complement event activations with other online and offline marketing levers such as email, social media, direct mail, and PR to set the stage for further community engagement.
- Manage the Siete Events Budget, allocating budget among events and tracking and reporting on budget performance.
- Take the lead on defining and planning how we sample products safely and effectively across events.
- Manage vendors and contractors to support event planning and execution, as needed.
- Provide logistical support for other team members planning events such as Local Community Events, Sales-Led Events, etc.
- Travel 30 - 40% of the time bringing Siete events to new and exciting places.
- Experience managing 15-20 events per year.
- 3+ years of marketing experience, with a focus on event production and/or logistics.
- Experience with trade shows and booth design strongly preferred.
- Experience with product sampling and food handling certification is a plus.
Please fill out our culture questionnaire. There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.