QA Engineer (Backend | Platform)
Engineering – Data Platform /
QA Engineer (Platform | Backend)
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Come thrive at SigFig! We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. Whether it’s through our direct -to -consumer or business -to-consumer products, or through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
About the Team and Opportunity
The Platform team designs, builds, and maintains scalable backend web services that are the core of SigFig’s investment platform. In addition to software that enables SigFig’s clients to achieve their financial goals, the Platform team builds and maintains tools that are used within the company. We are a distributed team with members working from homes and various SigFig offices across the globe.
As a QA Engineer on the Platform team, you will work with a team of QA engineers to build and maintain a fully automated test suite for the Platform team’s microservices which power SigFig’s Digital Wealth products across major bank partners. You will increase the number of services covered by the automation suite and expand the coverage of functionality within each service. Along with other test engineers on the Platform team, you will write code using backend automation frameworks, test APIs, and analyze large datasets using SQL.
Beyond this, you will lead by example and promote a culture of quality across all of SigFig by demonstrating ownership and accountability for quality on Platform.
You will truly enjoy what you do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things. This role will report to the team’s engineering manager.
Why Work for Us
- As a reliable and trusted financial solutions provider with expanding reach to 1 in 3 households nationwide, we believe it takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions that serve customers at scale.
- We are 150+ employees strong and steadily building. Our world-class team, affectionately coined ‘SigFigians,’ is growing with an industry-savvy board and strategic executive team guiding us forward.
- We offer competitive benefits that include Flexible PTO, Wellness benefit, Mobile/Internet subsidy, Employee Recognition Programs, and more!
- We are a remote-first company! We have regional hubs nationwide, with presence in 4 Countries: United States, Canada, India, and Singapore.
- We believe that one size fits one and embrace a culture that honors and celebrates diversity of backgrounds, approaches and experiences.
- We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Quality: Responsible for ensuring quality delivery of all Platform team software at all levels.
- Automation: Build out automation testing for Platform’s backend web services using modern technologies.
- Process: Work with other stakeholders in the greater engineering organization to implement continuous delivery and speed up deployment cycles.
- Collaboration: Work closely with developers to design and deliver quality software. Guide and mentor junior test engineers.
- Leadership: Champion cross-functional quality and promoting a culture of quality across the SDLC
Why We Value You
- You are proficient in at least one modern programming language (and its ecosystem) and are able to quickly ramp up on TypeScript/Node.js and/or Scala
- You have good expertise with server-side technologies (Scala, Python, Akka, Nginx, Varnish, OpenAPI) and experience building enterprise-grade scalable and performant applications
- You have SQL and database experience, ideally including analysis of large data sets
- You can convert complex business, technical requirements and use cases to test cases and test plans
- You are are proficient in at least one scripting language with the ability to learn other languages
- You can identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues/defects effectively and efficiently
- You enjoy working as part of a team and have agile/scrum experience
- You have a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and QA methodology
- You are excited about solving problems with software and like working closely with other developers and testers
- You are able to join the engineering on-call rotation
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience testing within a SOA or SaaS environment
- 4+ years of programming experience
- Personal or professional experience with Robo-Advisor/FinTech Products is highly desired
Perks and Benefits
- Tax-friendly Compensation
- Liberal Leave Policy
- Medical cover for the family, including parents
- Quarterly Wellness Benefit
- WFH Allowance
- Mobile/Internet subsidy (for smooth WFH experience)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.