Product & Operations – Data Science /
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Come thrive at SigFig! We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. Whether it’s through our direct -to -consumer or business -to-consumer products, or through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
About the Team and Opportunity
The Data Science team at SigFig handles some of the toughest and most fun data challenges at SigFig. Data Scientists work with a cross-section of the company to draw insight out of data and create tools, conversation, and culture that lead to smarter decision-making.
Data Scientists at SigFig have the opportunity to shape our data infrastructure and build smart and valuable tooling on top of it. Make our teams and products better with data.
Why Work for Us
- As a reliable and trusted financial solutions provider with expanding reach to 1 in 3 households nationwide, we believe it takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions that serve customers at scale.
- We are 150+ employees strong and steadily building. Our world-class team, affectionately coined ‘SigFigians,’ is growing with an industry-savvy board and strategic executive team guiding us forward.
- We offer competitive benefits that include Flexible PTO, Wellness benefit, Mobile/Internet subsidy, Employee Recognition Programs, and more!
- We are a remote-first company! We have regional hubs nationwide, with presence in 4 Countries: United States, Canada, India, and Singapore.
- We believe that one size fits one and embrace a culture that honors and celebrates diversity of backgrounds, approaches and experiences.
- We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Data storyteller: Create reports and data-based recommendations by developing and running experiments, writing data automation, and conducting statistical/business analysis.
- Trusted partner: Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to drive growth through funnel optimization, segmentation, user behavior models, customer profiling or LTV analysis etc.
- Nimble coder: Design and prototype data products, e.g. customer propensity scoring models. Improve and build data tooling and infrastructure by automating tasks, deploying new tools etc.
- Clear communicator: Synthesize and communicate insights from data through written and visual presentations, interactive dashboards, bots, and other automated reporting.
- Constant learner, and teacher: Help build a data culture and skill base across the company, e.g. teaching about statistical fallacies and facts, machine learning developments, etc.
- Data and Science Leader: As the first hire outside of North America and potential seed of a team, set the standard of excellence for truthful understanding and analytical impact
Why We Value You
- You love teasing out and understanding patterns from data and applying it to real life
- You thrive in the intersection of computer science, data analysis, and business
- You understand uncertainty and are humble in your approach
- You get deep satisfaction from solving hard problems the right way
- You are not afraid to take an 80/20 approach to approximating solutions
- You are detail-oriented and take pride in craftsmanship
- You always show your work and understand the deep value of documentation
- You communicate directly and honestly but with tact and empathy
- You are not defensive in taking criticism but you are always learning to do even better next time
- You always find ways to make things better and do even better next time
- You listen well, take others’ perspectives, and push for the best ideas even when not yours
- You care about the truth
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 5-10 years of related or equivalent experience, minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Applied Math, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or other closely related fields.)
- Significant experience analyzing datasets using SQL, Python (pandas, scikit etc), R, Tableau, Julia, Spark, Stata, D3, Redash, etc learning new tools as necessary.
- Proficient with engineering tools to accomplish tasks e.g. git, the command line, shell scripting, public REST APIs
- Deep ability to self-direct and prototype, implement and optimize analytics projects to discover, synthesize insights and strategies from vast and complex datasets, with the goal of driving improvement and positive change for the company and our clients.
- Proficient in writing scripts implementing business logic for analysis, insight discovery, and business automation.
- Excellent quantitative and statistical sense and of experimental design.
- Skilled at writing up cogent summaries of findings and presenting them visually and verbally in group settings, including to team and company leaders
- Excellent at communication:, share recommendations, propose improvements to code and process, lead initiatives, and drive change
Perks and Benefits
- Tax-friendly Compensation
- Liberal Leave Policy
- Medical cover for the family, including parents
- Quarterly Wellness Benefit
- WFH Allowance
- Mobile/Internet subsidy (for smooth WFH experience)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.