Software Engineer (Core Product)
Engineering – Software Development /
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Through Thick & Thin, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- Digital Wealth Team
The Digital Wealth Team designs, builds, and maintains systems that power our asset management product. In addition to building client-facing applications that manage onboarding and ongoing client interactions, we also power algorithms and trading systems that manage investments. As well as build tools for financial advisors to serve clients effectively.
The Opportunity -- Software Engineer I
As a Full Stack Developer at SigFig, you will work with a team of brilliant developers to build solutions that analyze billions in investor assets, running complex algorithms and recommendations software to help people make better investment decisions.
You’ll help us Platformize (yes, that’s a word) our code, build high-impact features and make it more easily configurable and customizable for a diverse set of needs. It’s not easy, but it’s an incredible opportunity for people who like technical, people, and business challenges.
You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and deliver software leveraging your technical expertise and grow in the breadth of technology in more than one area. Your strong design, analytical, and problem-solving skills will be crucial to our success.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain highly performant web applications on our stack (React, Typescript, AngularJS) and/or highly performant Micro Services leveraging technologies (Scala, GraphQL, Elixir, JAVA, PHP).
- Designing API specifications and data modeling.
- Perform peer code reviews. Review performance, security, and flexibility of the code.
- Participating in SigFig’s agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, release and sprint planning, demos, a scrum of scrums).
- Interact with engineering members across the organization to ensure consistency in engineering practices and foster an active exchange of ideas. We have development centers in San Francisco, Tucson, Singapore, and India and the ability to work with distributed teams is a crucial skill.
Why We Value You
- Degree or diploma from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience. Strong Computer Science fundamentals - you understand data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Experience with front-end technologies (React, Typescript, AngularJS) and experience building large-scale responsive web applications. Alternatively, be well versed in designing and building Web Services in technologies (Scala, GraphQL, Elixir, JAVA, PHP).
- Great Communication Skills - You have excellent communication skills and are able to clearly articulate your thoughts during verbal and written communications. The work we do here is very collaborative (and globally distributed), so team players and experience with fast-moving projects is a big plus as well.
- Self-starters with the interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed. Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- Has familiarity with Event-driven Architecture.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices and technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Domain Experience - You understand the financial services domain and have executed projects involving the implementation and integration of software solutions with other financial institutions’ systems. You understand the need for strong security, audits, and performance criteria associated with the banking and financial services industry.
- Passion for finance and investing.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.