Site Operations Engineer
United States /
Engineering – SiteOps /
Site Operations Engineer II
Location: US Remote
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Through Thick & Thin, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Site Operations team is critical to the success of achieving the highest level of availability and resiliency for our enterprise platform in accordance with our SLAs. The Site Operations team does this by partnering with our Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering, and development teams to monitor, build tools, and respond to production incidents. Site Operations also works directly with our enterprise partner support teams and our internal business partners to ensure SigFig integrations with large enterprise customers run smoothly.
As a Site Operations Engineer, you will join our 24x7x365 Site Operations team of first responders for supporting our enterprise platforms. You will use your technical background and excellent communication skills to triage, drive, and resolve incidents. You will also be working on projects that improve the way we monitor, gather metrics, and alert. You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, effectively prioritize your time, and have a sense of calmness in critical situations. You thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done!This role will report to the Manager of Site Operations with extensive cross-functional interaction across the entire SigFig organization.
You will truly enjoy what you do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things. This role will report to the VP of People with extensive cross-functional interaction to drive strategies down to execution while keeping up the pace of SigFig. This is you!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Analyze: triage, escalate, and resolve production issues ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Monitor: operate and support our monitoring, alerting, logging, and metrics infrastructure to ensure services and applications are comprehensively monitored and measured
- Assess: thoroughly document issues that cannot be resolved and require escalation
- Action: perform system health checks and ensure proper communication occurs between shifts
- Collaborate: work cross-functionally with Infrastructure and Engineering teams to perform project work as required
Why We Value You
- You have experience working with and troubleshooting Linux operating systems
- You expertly leverage monitoring and alerting tools (Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, New Relic)You work with DC hosting providers and ISP’s for trouble-ticket tracking and resolution
- You have a strong knowledge of Jira/Confluence ticketing systems and mastered prior roles on a NOC, Site Operations, Help Desk, or IT Support team
- You have experience shell scripting and at least one other scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Ruby
- You seek to find the root cause of incidents and are constantly improving and iterating on processes
- You undertake projects and tasks with an attention to detail coupled with a sense of urgency
- You have strong critical-thinking skills combined with a propensity toward innovation and automation of repetitive tasks
- You are a super high energy individual with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated, resilient and assertive with a high willingness to learn
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- Someone who is able to work 12-hour shifts
- Someone who's flexible to operate in a 24/7 environment including night shift
- Someone who is familiar with AWS, GIT and Puppet is really helpful but a deal breaker
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1,000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
*Please note: This role allows for remote work in the US. We are able to consider candidates for employment in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.