Senior Product Designer
United States /
Product & Operations – Product /
Senior Product Designer
Location: US* or Canada Remote
*We’re currently only hiring in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New York ,New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Through Thick & Thin, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, New Delhi, & all over remotely. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team – Discover:
Discover is one of the products in SigFig’s ecosystem and this is the team that is squarely focused on it. Think of Discover like a “digital financial doctor”. It helps consumers:solve existing financial problems, diagnose tougher ones, uncover non-obvious ones, proactively prevent issues before they even occur, and lastly refer to additional professionals when necessary.
If you’re thinking this is a lot, it is! That’s why we work in an empowered product model. The team consists of engineers, product designers, & product managers working as peers focused on driving outcomes. Our motto is “minimize outputs, maximize impact.”
By bringing engineering, design, & product management together we believe we have the best chance of finding solutions consumers love that work for our business. So if you’re an entrepreneurial spirit, prolific at your craft, and love the challenge of traversing large search spaces to solve difficult problems with innovative technology, this might be just the team for you.
The Opportunity – Senior Product Designer:
As a Senior Product Designer you’ll have two parallel responsibilities: discovery & delivery.
As part of continuous discovery you will work inside a “triad” with product management & engineering to brainstorm and prototype solutions to solve consumer problems. As you build deep knowledge about our buyers, users, consumers, data, industry, domain, business, company, & product; the triad will benefit from having you on the team as someone who goes deep on human psychology and end to end customer experiences.
In parallel, as part of doing continuous delivery, you’ll be responsible for taking experiences you validated in discovery and upleveling them to world class craftsmanship standards to pitch in sales & evaluate in the actual product. This is where we get to find out if the end to end process leads to consumer love & business results.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Discover: working quickly as a triad to understand problems & discover solutions in a way only a truly empowered engineering, design, & PM triad could
- Deliver: no amount of incredible prototypes matter if consumers & partners can’t actually experience the power of what we provide through state of the art delivery techniques
- Generate Impact: combine deductive & inductive reasoning to maximize the chance the triad succeeds given internal & external information along with high velocity feedback loops
- Creativity & Collaboration: creativity is a poorly understood concept; but what we do know is when creative parts come together in a collaborative whole a form of magic can happen which can then be seen through customer & business results
Why We Value You
- Growth Mindset: You soak in the diverse perspective of those around you and bring a growth mindset everyday.
- Ego-Less: You believe we are all here to find the truth, not to validate our egos. You are a truth seeker. You debate to discover the truth, regardless where it comes from.
- Strong Opinions, Weakly Held: You change your mind without a flinch when you realize you are wrong. People not familiar with cognitive fallacies might find you inconsistent.
- Deep, Strategic Thinker: you know time to value is of essence so you’re not afraid to dive in and do a depth first search to solve a problem versus when it’s time well spent to zoom out and do a breadth first search.
- ROI Driven: You value truly understanding the consumer & business context so you can repeatedly put your top tier skills to use in high ROI ways to benefit the consumer & the business.
- Systems Oriented: You’ve developed such a deep mastery of product mental models, delivery techniques, thinking frameworks that you can pinpoint where in the process things are failing to help the team succeed more often.
- Dreamer & Realist: You oscillate between being a dreamer and a realist. That’s because you know vision is admirable but at times being practical is the best thing you can do to help those around you.
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- ROI driven (e.g. past customer and/or business results)
- Great character, prolific, high standards, attention to detail when necessary
- 7+ years working as part of an empowered product team
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- Nest Wealth Retirement Planning Program
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.