Senior DevOps Engineer
Sighten is a San Francisco start-up driving greater adoption of renewable energy by connecting investors to clean energy projects through an integrated, cloud-based software platform. We have built the most advanced software toolset for solar. Our comprehensive platform spans the entire lifecycle of a solar asset from tools that streamline origination, system design, and sales/operations to features that automate ongoing reporting and analytics.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to manage and improve our continuous integration, automated testing, deployment, and AWS cloud infrastructure. You will work closely with engineering, product, and QA teams to ensure that development, staging, testing, integration, and production environments are kept up-to-date with appropriate builds in a systematic and automated fashion. You will also manage our AWS infrastructure, further improving our distributed, fault-tolerant, and scalable production environment. Deployment, configuration and and auto-scaling will be managed using the SaltStack configuration management framework. You should have strong documentation and communications skills and be able to work closely with cross-functional groups. Additionally, as an early technical hire at Sighten you should be willing and able to periodically take on a variety of company roles and special projects as needed.
- 5+ years of experience building / managing continuous integration, automated testing, deployment
- 3+ years of experience managing scalable, fault-tolerant AWS infrastructure including EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, SQS, ELB, IAM
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI solutions
- Experience with SaltStack or other infrastructure management frameworks
- Strong systems skills, very comfortable in linux environment
- Strong programming skills, particularly shell scripting and Python
- Experience with enterprise software security, a plus
- The ability to develop, implement and manage scalable processes
- A positive attitude and are passionate about operations
- The ability to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment