The Industrial Internet is coming. Do you want to make your mark in this new industry? As a Sales Engineer at Sight Machine you’ll have the unique opportunity to help shape a technology, and a company in the emerging Manufacturing Analytics industry.
You will help apply Sight Machine’s unique technology to a range of industrial needs in factory data. Working closely with both internal Sales, Business Development, and clients, this position requires a strong communicator who has experience in a technical sales role selling enterprise software solutions to large corporations. Deploying on premise and cloud based solutions as well as experience with Linux, Python, and various database technologies are also keys to success in this role. Experience in factory floor software technologies, including PLCs, MES, ERP, or data historians/data lakes is a major plus. Your work will include contact with technical counterparts within customer IT and Operation Technology functions in a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, apparel, textiles, food & beverage and consumer goods.
Partner with the Sales/BD teams for technical pre-sales activities through deployment of POC’s and expansion to create data solutions for large manufacturers
Coordinate with client IT and OT teams to ensure the systematic and reliable acquisition of data
Handle installation and deployment of on premise appliances at factory locations.
Collaborate with Sight Machine Data Engineering & Data Science teams to use and improve Sight Machine’s automated software frameworks for data acquisition and model configuration
Collaborate with Sight Machine Data Engineering & Data Science teams to design and implement data pipelines for acquiring and transforming plant floor data
Support existing deployments and quickly adapt solutions to changing conditions
Build industry focused demonstrations
- Five or more years’ experience in some combination of sales engineering, field engineering, consulting, big data or technology integration
- Experience with on premise & cloud based deployments
- Experience working with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience working in Linux including using the command line
- Experience with SQL and/or noSQL databases
- Strong communication skills, both for customer interaction and collaboration with internal stakeholder functions
- Some knowledge of control systems, PLCs, and plant floor data systems
- Experience in Manufacturing or Automation Technology
- Consulting experience with technology integrations
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the SVP Sales. It will require periodic travel to client and internal locations. Estimated travel is once per month for three to five days per trip.