For this position you will join our existing engineering team in our San Francisco office. You will work with a geographically diverse team with engineers in Ann Arbor, Mountain View and San Francisco (including the original technical team of Slashdot.org).
You will be working on the server-side design and code for our data stores, platforms, systems, and web applications, as well as internal systems to manage our services. The daily focus is on productivity, features and delivering results, while ensuring customer satisfaction, performance, and reliability of our platform.
We seek an individual with a deep CS background and experience that includes development of high-availability online services. Candidates should have a passion for solving complex and interesting problems. Our backend systems solve problems from just about every area of computer science, including ETL, information retrieval, machine learning, factory automation, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, big data, etc. We are dealing with an extremely large amount of data, so we are looking for expertise working in large enterprise systems with an eye on scalability and reliability.
- Self starter and quick learner, with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced startup environment
- Several years industry experience building and delivering robust high-performance and scalable systems
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience with Python and another high-level programming language
- Experience with relational databases & NoSQL preferred (ie. Mongo, Postgres)
- Competent troubleshooting skills
- Team Collaboration is a must
Nice to Have
- Experience with Amazon Infrastructure services a plus
- Experience with ETL
- Familiar with statistic technologies like R a plus
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, scalability, and fault-tolerance
- Excellent communications skills
About Sight Machine
Sight Machine is leading the charge into the Industrial Internet. We are dedicated to transforming visual and sensor data into real-time insight for a variety of industries. Our culture is deeply collaborative, and we are serious about building an iconic, industry-changing company. Our team, which includes founders of Slashdot and leadership from early Yahoo and Tesla Motors, is eclectic, closely-knit and enjoys the challenge of building something entirely new. Sight Machine is well funded by top tier Venture firms and is eager to bring on people that want to add to the vision and help lead our journey. We currently have offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Mountain View and San Francisco, CA.