Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Our rapidly growing engineering team in San Francisco (with a satellite office in Los Altos) at Sight Machine is looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test. This position is responsible for extending and maintaining a Python based automation framework, and to ensure quality of Sight Machine’s data platform. The platform solves problems like Extract Transform Load (ETL), information retrieval, machine learning, data aggregation and analytics, factory automation, distributed computing, security, data compression on big data. If working with a group of smart, driven, skilled, and passionate team who care about making a difference seems like a fit, please apply.
You will typically be involved in ensuring quality of the work released in biweekly sprints, collaborating with your colleagues on the how to build new and improved test automation frameworks using industry best practices, working with product and engineering on validating customer facing features. Our ideal candidate will have experience building automated test frameworks, has previous software development experience, and works collaboratively across functional teams to help achieve the maximum possible quality and transparency, while contributing to our highly collaborative culture.
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Lead and execute on best practices across the organization on quality and automation test frameworks
- Creative out of the box thinking of effective test strategies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain test frameworks for automation
- Programming experience in Python (preferred), Java or other OO languages
- Familiarity with Linux, Databases (SQL/NoSQL), scripting, performance tools, and version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with continous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Have a passion for quality with minimum of 5 years of test engineering.
We are looking for someone who
- Has a can-do attitude and enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting
- Get things done in an effective manner with high quality
- Able to multi-task and context-switch seamlessly in a fast paced startup environment
- Had excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works independently but enjoys learning and leveraging the collective experiences of the team
- Has fun at work
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Catered lunches on Wednesdays, snacks, beverages, and a Friday Happy Hour
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Great health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance
About Sight Machine:
Sight Machine is changing manufacturing. Sight Machine is used by Global 500 companies to make better, faster decisions about their manufacturing operations. Sight Machine's analytics platform, purpose-built for discrete and process manufacturing, uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics to help address critical challenges in quality and productivity throughout the enterprise.