As the Senior backend QA Automation engineer, you will be working with the QA Lead and the backend development team to come up with test plans and test strategy for our big data platform, contribute automated tests to a Python test framework, and perform manual testing as needed. Your knowledge of Web protocols, REST API, data stores and cloud based SaaS will be utilized to plan and execute testing.
- Work within an Agile development environment and establish collaborative relationships with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to ensure success criteria is well defined and met
- Design, implement, & review manual and automated test cases and scenarios based on product requirements and functional specifications
- Automate test plans, with an emphasis on backend tests of our data pipeline
- Provide timely and meaningful test result updates and actively contribute to problem solving. Escalate critical and blocking issues when necessary and drive them to closure
- This position is located in SF Bay Area.
- 5+ Yrs professional QA experience on senior level
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Experience with automation testing techniques/tools in a Python framework is a must.
- Experience with Python unittest and/or nosetest framework is a must
- Basic knowledge of GIT is a must
- Experience with data stores (sql and non-sql) and ETL a must
- Experience with Python Requests, HTTP, REST, and JSON a must
- Experience working in a fast moving startup environment
- Experience with functional, regression, performance, and end to end testing
- Willingness to rotate / step in / help out where needed. Ability to function in a multi-tasking, interrupt-driven environment
- Experience with software release process a must
Nice to have
- Knowledge of PyCharm is a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins CI is a plus
- Experience with Python ORM and database drivers a plus
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure a plus
- Linux knowledge required, familiarity with open source ecosystem a plus
- Experience with Docker a plus