Senior Quality Engineer, Platform / UI
About Sight Machine:
Sight Machine is changing manufacturing. Sight Machine is used by Global 500 companies to make better, faster decisions about their manufacturing operations. Sight Machine's analytics platform, purpose-built for discrete and process manufacturing, uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics to help address critical challenges in quality and productivity throughout the enterprise.
For our rapidly growing engineering team in San Francisco, Sight Machine is looking for a Senior QA Engineer. You will work within and across teams to help achieve the maximum possible quality and transparency, while contributing to our highly collaborative culture.
You are an experienced quality engineer who has a strong passion for understanding complex systems and for solving hard problems; you challenge the traditional separation of development vs quality roles. You are constantly looking across team boundaries and across your own boundaries to improve test execution / technology / timing / strategy.
You are constantly looking to expand your own technical skills, and to improve automated test coverage. You have an analytical mind, always wanting to go beyond black box understanding of any system component. You know how to deal with limitations in tools, resources, and documentation in a fast paced environment with constantly changing requirements.
You anticipate - and you know how to deal with - setbacks, conflicts, and resource constraints.
You are result driven, but your foundation is respect for others. You know what it means to “own a feature”, drive it to success from inception to delivery – no matter what hurdles you encounter. You understand how to manage priorities and stay focused in a heavily interrupt driven environment. You are passionate about solving customer problems.
At Sight Machine, our core values are collaboration and empathy. If you fit in such a culture, and if your skill set and interests match a large part (if not all) of the items listed below, please contact us and let’s start a conversation.
- Platform and/or front end quality engineering.
- Manual and automated test design, execution, and reporting.
- Designing, developing and implementing functional test plans in coordination with engineering and product management.
- Write automated UI and platform test cases for a Python based automation framework.
- Execute manual test cases and generate test execution reports to review with the product team.
- Help assess project quality risks and determine effective mitigation plans.
- Understanding of project requirements and how to execute and optimize functional testing.
- Contribute feedback to engineering regarding quality and testability considerations.
- Contribute feedback to product management regarding quality and usability of features under development, as well as in production.
- Triage, diagnose, and investigate bugs reported by customers and customer facing team members.
- Proven exposure to Agile methodologies and experience with the role of embedded tester in Agile teams.
- Hands on experience in testing Web Services, APIs, big data platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, across team / discipline boundaries.
- Hands on experience in UI automation frameworks, i.e. Selenium or other frameworks; solid understanding of DOM.
- Hands on experience in data platform automation frameworks, i.e. REST calls, JSON parsing, etc.
- Solid understanding of, and experience in, UX and exploratory testing techniques for web applications.
- Solid scripting language skills (preferably Python).
- Understanding of and experience with SQL query language.
- Basic understanding of GIT version control.
- Experience with issue tracking systems, i.e. JIRA.
- Proven experience in contributing to and/or modifying test automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of web protocols, i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
- Comfortable with navigating in a Unix based development and platform environment. i.e. SSH, file system, log file tracking, regular expressions, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Python Pytest framework.
- Prior experience with testing ETL pipelines.
- Testing websocket applications
- Jenkins CI pipeline
- Jenkins / Python integration.
- Mongo db
- Python database drivers, i.e. SQLalchemy, Pymongo, etc.