Server Engineer (Remote)
Remote (US Timezones) /
Signal is hiring server developers to help make private communication simple. If you care about code quality as much as you care about user privacy, you should fit right in. This role is an opportunity to have an immediate impact while working closely with a talented team to solve challenging problems and ship new features to millions of users.
- Proven track record building core systems of highly resilient/performant platform infrastructures used by external customers (messaging, databases, storage, caching, etc.)
- Experience being the architect of major new enhancements
- Capable of communicating effectively. We're a small organization; you will be involved in every aspect
- Prepared to immediately contribute to our Java or Rust open-source server codebases (e.g. Signal-Server, ContactDiscoveryService, SecureValueRecovery)
- 5+ years of industry experience
What we offer
- You can work anywhere within US timezones. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop or your living room, Signal gives you the flexibility to work wherever you will be most effective. We fly somewhere new once a quarter so that everyone can meet up in person.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental with all premiums covered.
- Our 401(k) plan matches your contributions (without any vesting period) up to the employee federal maximum of $20,500.
- We're stable, well-funded, and capable of focusing on what is best for users without distractions.
- Feel good about what you do. We believe in solving real problems, working with integrity, and sharing that work (and code) with everyone.
Signal Messenger is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.