Remote (US only) /
Operations Engineer /
Signal is hiring engineers to help us keep our infrastructure — from laptops to datacenters — running smoothly. Other organizations might call this type of role production engineering (PE), site reliability engineering (SRE), or devops, but we're looking for a versatile team player who can thrive in a role with broader scope than any of those names usually imply. This role is an opportunity to have an immediate impact while working closely with a talented team to solve challenging problems and ship new features to millions of users.
- Experience dynamically scaling global infrastructure, while supporting releases across multiple languages, codebases, and cloud providers.
- Expert in deploying and monitoring services; fluent in Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience building operational processes that provide around-the-clock coverage without personally being on call 100% of the time.
- Development and engineering skills for creating internal tooling, automation, and build/release pipelines.
- Capable of communicating effectively. We’re a small organization; you will be involved in every aspect.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- You can work anywhere in the United States. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop or your living room, Signal gives you the flexibility to work wherever you will be most effective. We fly somewhere new once a quarter so that everyone can meet up in person.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental with all premiums covered.
- Our 401(k) plan matches your contributions (without any vesting period) up to the employee federal maximum of $19,500.
- We're stable, well-funded, and capable of focusing on what is best for users without distractions.
- Feel good about what you do. We believe in solving real problems, working with integrity, and sharing that work (and code) with everyone.
Signal Messenger is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.