Remote (US only)
Signal is hiring Android developers to help make private communication simple. If you care about code quality as much as you care about user privacy, you should fit right in. This role is an opportunity to have an immediate impact while working closely with a talented team to solve challenging problems and ship new features to millions of users.
- Deep knowledge of Java and extensive familiarity with the Android framework.
- Experience being the architect of major new enhancements.
- Skilled at multitasking.
- Capable of communicating effectively. We're a small organization; you will be involved in every aspect.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Prepared to immediately contribute to our open-source Android codebase
- You can work anywhere in the United States. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop or your living room, Signal gives you the flexibility to work wherever you will be most effective. We fly somewhere new once a quarter so that everyone can meet up in person.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental with all premiums covered.
- Our 401(k) plan matches your contributions (without any vesting period) up to the employee federal maximum of $19,500.
- We're stable, well-funded, and capable of focusing on what is best for users without distractions.
- Feel good about what you do. We believe in solving real problems, working with integrity, and sharing that work (and code) with everyone.