Signal is making private communication simple. We design open protocols, develop Open Source software, and currently give it away for free.
It's challenging work, and we pay ourselves to take it on, but we're not a business. We started this project because we think making things is fun, privacy is valuable, and cryptography is remarkable.
Working at Signal is an opportunity to collaborate with passionate people in an environment where it's possible to be creative and effective.
Is the pleasure center of your brain directly wired to the experience of a slick UX or a nice animation? Do you hunt down memory leaks and StrictMode violations for fun? We're looking for someone with deep knowledge of the Android framework and an equally strong intuition for pairing beautiful app experiences with beautiful code. You'll be the architect of major features, making your code available to the world. You don't need to be a security expert; it's knowing how to make complicated systems simple to use that's at the heart of what we do.
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android phones
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing Android apps
- 5+ years of Android software experience
- Experience on building high quality UI and working with graphic designers
- Experience designing APIs
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols
These are full-time positions in our San Francisco office or remote (US only). We reimburse for co-working space.
Sorry, we are not seeking interns at this time.