Sr. Software Engineer -- Infrastructure
San Mateo, CA
Engineering – Engineering
SignalFx, the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds. We are trusted by leading enterprises across almost every industry sector. SignalFx has a leading-edge technology platform, a stellar leadership team, a rich, diverse customer base, and the financial backing of Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, General Catalyst and Tiger Global Management. If you have limitless energy and want to work for a game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.
SignalFx is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer's to design and implement next-generation infrastructure to help massively scale its platform. The ideal candidate will design and develop software towards an infrastructure tool-chain that supports various cloud providers. Things like containerization, orchestration, Infrastructure as a Code, Serverless computing should get the right candidate excited.
- Build software to seamlessly orchestrate the SignalFx platform across AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Maintain Infrastructure-as-a-Code and add to the platform tool-chain.
- Build self-service tools that makes interacting with infrastructure very user-friendly and provide high visibility into its use.
- Design and Implement cloud usage models and best practices that allow for speed of innovation, while optimizing for efficiency as well.
- Manage deploying products into multiple environments, multiple cloud platforms and hosted solutions.
- Establish design patterns and best practices for building new product features and services involving cloud infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience in an Software Engineer or related role.
- BS degrees in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Coding experience in one or more of Python, Java, Ruby, and/or Go.
- Experience in one or more of container orchestration tools like Kubernetes/DockerSwarm/Mesos.
- Hands-on experience with in deploying and operating in one or more of AWS, GCE or Azure is desired.
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux.
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
SignalFx is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe we are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. We welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.