Test Automation Engineer - Integrations
Engineering – Engineering
At SignalFx, we build a highly-scalable monitoring platform that can provide real-time insights and alerts for large volumes of data. Being a modern SaaS platform, we have high standards when it comes to shipping code of high quality and also shipping it at a rapid pace. As a Test Automation Engineer on the Integrations Team, you will help us achieve this goal by designing & developing test-frameworks/methodologies to help ensure the code quality of our Integrations Portfolio, while also developing and implementing tools that help us main compatibility and consistency of customer experience with our integrations across a myriad of platforms and versions.
- Design and develop frameworks/harnesses for use in testing all aspects of our Integrations Portfolio
- Design and develop tools and scripts to help with the automated deployment and configuration of infrastructure and services required for effective testing of integrations
- Understand the inner workings of a highly complex product and help create test-plans and testing strategies for various services
- Be a quality champion and create innovative ways to measure and improve quality
- Automate test cases/scenarios for existing and new product features
- Extensive scripting experience with Java and/or Python.
- Hands-on experience in developing test frameworks and harnesses, both from scratch (home grown) as well as using open-source ones like pytest, Robot Framework, etc.
- Experience writing API and backend tests
- Strong working knowledge of CI/Automation platforms like Jenkins, Travis CI
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. At least 1-2 years of prior relevant test automation experience is preferred
- Familiarity with build systems like Maven and deployment processes/tools for SaaS Products
- Extensive experience with Docker Containers, Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCE and/or Azure) and one or more Container Orchestrators such as Kubernetes. It is also critical to have a deep understanding of how these technologies are being leveraged by companies both in Dev/Test as well as Production Environments. Experience with PaaS environments such as Cloud Foundry is also highly desired
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. We are looking for people who have a passion for creating great employee experiences. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
SignalFx is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe we are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. We welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.