Sales Development Representative - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Sales – Sales
SignalFx, the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds. We are trusted by leading enterprises across almost every industry sector. SignalFx has a leading-edge technology platform, a stellar leadership team, a rich, diverse customer base, and the financial backing of Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, General Catalyst and Tiger Global Management. If you have limitless energy and want to work for a game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at SignalFx you will be a primary driver of expanding our business and sharing the value of what we provide to prospects. You will qualify the increasing volume of leads from marketing activity while also working with our sales team to actively prospect into named accounts. You will also be part of ensuring we get the most from our investment in executive briefing sessions.
You will join a growing Sales team with the mission to help our customers and prospects to understand our differentiation while helping make the job of our sales team easier. This is an incredible opportunity to further develop your sales skills, while helping to accelerate the growth of an innovative company.
- Achieve monthly quotas of leads qualified, meetings set and opportunities created
- Follow-up on marketing-generated leads (including leads from the website, digital campaigns, events, press and other on-going marketing programs) to qualify and deliver leads to the sales team.
- Strategically prospect into key account targets, which includes: researching and identifying key contacts; calling and emailing prospects to generate initial interest, and setting meetings.
- Maintain accurate and current information on prospects and interaction activities in SalesForce.com
- Maintain expert knowledge of SignalFx products and marketing messaging to effectively and persuasively demonstrate the product and articulate the value proposition
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of SignalFx products and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 1+ years of sales development experience; start-up experience a plus
- A ‘hunter’ mentality - comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and following up on incoming leads and strong desire to win
- Confident presentation skills, a comfort level with senior professionals and the communications skills to articulate the SignalFx value proposition
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starter
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization
- Good time management with strong organizational skills
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and/or monitoring solutions a plus
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
SignalFx is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe we are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. We welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.