Charlotte, NC /
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our Finance team at Sign In Solutions. You will be working closely with the accounting team to ensure all finance and accounting duties are performed with accuracy and integrity. This role reports directly to the VP of Finance.
This is a hybrid role based in Charlotte, NC.
Sign In Solutions is the innovative workplace enablement partner that goes beyond traditional visitor management, combining the comprehensive software and real-time analytics modern organizations need to mitigate risk, elevate experiences, and empower people. Launched in 2021 with funding from PSG V, Sign In Solutions acquired Sign In App, Sign In Enterprise (formerly Traction Guest), Sign In Compliance (formerly ThreatSwitch), and Pronestor.
Culture is important at Sign In Solutions. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are:
Respect & Dignity
Accountability & Empowerment
Honestly & Positivity
Work / Life Balance
- Have a business degree, ideally majoring in accounting and working towards a CPA is a plus
- At least 1 year of experience in full cycle accounting would be an asset
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Great communication skills and is comfortable communicating with customers via email and phone
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to forge effective relationships through all organizational levels and with customers
- Able to operate effectively & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about leveraging technology to automate financial processes
- Experience with cloud accounting technology would be an asset
What You Will Be Doing:
- Reviewing customer contracts in Salesforce and ensure they are set up correctly for revenue recognition
- Invoice customers with the help of Senior Accountant
- Customer billing & cash receipt processing
- Ensuring that accounts receivable is collected promptly and that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Work with Finance team to implement and adhere to AR and AP controls and processes
- Managing our corporate credit card and expense report processes
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Improving and implementing financial processes to drive organization efficiencies
- Assist with systems projects and process improvement initiatives
- Assist with month and year end close processes which includes reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries
- If desired, assist payroll specialist with running payroll in Canada and US
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe you need to dive in to get to know us. We encourage you to research and read up on our company news and articles. Throughout the recruitment process, you will be given the opportunity to ask lots of questions, meet different members of our team, and get hands on to showcase your skills. As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that we could be your next big move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps. Our general recruitment process has the following steps:
Phone Interview with our People & Culture team
Meet with the hiring manager and other members of the team
Culture meeting with members of the Sign In Solutions team
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.