Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA
Help us build our customer onboarding, engagement, and renewal process.
SigOpt is hiring our first full-time customer success manager. Working closely with our sales & client services, product, and engineering teams, this role will guide our enterprise customers in getting maximal value from the SigOpt platform. As a SaaS company, renewals and expansion are key drivers of our success, and your contributions will be critical to growing the business.
In addition to working with our existing customers, you will also own our Academic program, where we provide access to our platform to researchers at universities and national labs free of charge. The objective of this program is both to give something back to the academic community our research is born out of, and to increase the number of published articles citing SigOpt as having benefitted their research.
- Own the onboarding, engagement, support, and expansion processes with customers.
- Create the training and collateral materials to ensure customers are using all applicable capabilities of the platform.
- Engage with customers, both remotely and face-to-face, to ensure their success with the SigOpt platform.
- Assist customers with integrating SigOpt into their production stacks by creating API wrappers, code snippets, and integrations into open source and enterprise tools, from TensorFlow to Matlab.
- Work with customers to generate testimonials, white papers, and case studies.
- Grow the base of academic researchers using, and citing SigOpt, in their research and publications.
- Work with the product, engineering, and broader client services teams to ensure customer feedback informs our technical roadmap.
- We’re a startup; your responsibilities will evolve with your skills and interests and the company’s needs as we grow. Your responsibilities will extend far beyond this list!
- A customer-first mindset.
- Programming experience in Python or Java, or a strong desire to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to understand key business problems and guide customers to solutions.
- Clear and concise communication ability, both oral and written.
- Poise and finesse; you’ll be working with a wide range of customers, from the Fortune 100 on down.
- BA or BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field such as engineering, or mathematics.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- 2 or more years of experience in a customer success, professional services, consulting, or other customer facing capacity, supporting or implementing a highly technical product.
- Experience building and managing teams that exhibit technical and operational excellence.
- Strong entrepreneurial credentials, either working at startups or ownership of initiatives at a larger organization.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and tools (Python, keras, mxnet, AWS, etc)
- Passion and aptitude for quantitative products and optimization.
- A desire to make the world a more optimal place.