Software Engineer Frontend
San Francisco, CA
SigOpt is hiring our first frontend engineer!
SigOpt builds a cloud-based ensemble of optimization tools that integrates seamlessly into existing infrastructure. Our web app delivers value to our customers as an integral part of their machine learning workflow. We strive to anticipate our users’ needs, building web features that they wouldn't think to ask for from an optimization service. Users who used to manage their optimization experiments in jupyter notebooks, text files, or excel spreadsheets are now consistently delighted by the features offered on our web interface, from experiment management to state of the art visualizations.
We expect you to empathize with our user, and use a mix of user feedback, industry trends, and common sense to scope and prioritize projects. You will work with us to answer larger questions such as "How can the SigOpt frontend better fit into the optimization workflow?"
As an early frontend engineer at SigOpt, you will have large control over our frontend architecture and codebase. Our frontend stack is built on top of modern web frameworks like React, ES6 and LESS, with node on the backend of our web servers.
- Work with customer success and product to design, prototype, build, and test new features on our frontend
- Champion usability and clean design across the web app
- Review architectural improvements to our web infrastructure
- Work with your peer engineers to set and maintain a high level of code craftsmanship in our frontend codebase
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Experience with a wide variety of languages and tools
- Grasp of CSS or extensions such as SASS or LESS
- React/ES6 experience
- Experience writing and maintaining browser tests
- Experience with UX / UI / visual design fundamentals
- Interest in machine learning
- Strong oral and written communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.