San Francisco, CA
Run our marketing ground game.
SigOpt’s Optimization Platform is fundamentally changing the way models are tuned. This holds particularly important implications for machine learning and artificial intelligence, where early SigOpt customers are realizing enormous gains.
We need a field marketing leader to build a passionate following for optimization across academic, business, and developer communities. From hosting and attending events to driving online engagement, this person execute tactics to engage influencers whose activity will have a significant impact on the potential for optimization. This is an opportunity to define a critical component of machine learning for a broad market, whether Fortune 100 companies or fast-growing startups.
- Identify and grow influencer communities through in-person events, online engagement, and key opinion leader conversion
- Build on initial success for existing academic and other communities by defining and achieving milestones, such as establishing Advisory Boards
- Conceive of and host events that bring together communities and drive thought leadership that increases education around optimization as a category
- Execute logistics and creative to drive SigOpt’s presence at select conferences that fit the community-building agenda
- Execute strategies to build online communities, whether publication, social media, reddit, or other important constituencies
- A veteran (4-7 years) at identifying, segmenting, and engaging communities to create a passionate following for an emerging concept in a fast-moving industry
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to execute field events or host your own events to maximize the impact on a key target community
- As comfortable speaking to a crowd of 100 as corresponding online with a variety of audiences who require frequent engagement
- Passionate about building communities that stretch across academia, business, and developers as part of a category creation process
- Caught reading about machine learning or artificial intelligence on some Sundays, and interested in impacting its evolution as an industry
- Better performing when you have latitude to own and build something