Product Design Lead
San Francisco, CA
Help shape a new machine learning solution category.
Built by experts for experts, SigOpt’s Optimization Solution is fundamentally changing the way models are tuned and revolutionizing the way people build and optimize Machine Learning (ML) models. With our solution customers are building better ML models faster, achieving unprecedented performance across business metrics, and realizing significant gains.
As a Product Manager you will be part of the larger product organization at SigOpt, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influencing our long-term technical and business strategy. You will be responsible for understanding customer needs and delivering strategic technical solutions while driving revenue growth and competitive differentiation.
With your passion for AI/ML technology, strong business acumen and judgment, and ability to define visionary products, you will help us hire a talented team of PMs and ultimately enabling us to deliver innovative solutions rapidly. So what are you waiting for? Come Join the ML revolution!
- Lead Product Design - Own and drive product specifications, creating mockups, prototypes and designing fully-functional products.
- Execute Product Planning and Development - Accelerate time to impact on new technologies through experimentation, prototyping, and strong execution.
- Lead Product Validation - Analyze how a new product ties in with market and customer needs, validate product design requirements based on briefs from internal and external partners
- Collaborate across the broader engineering, marketing, sales, customer success, and research teams to define and launch new products.
- Be Competitor savvy - Have a clear pulse on innovations across the broader AI community and investigate competitive threats and define what differentiates your products.
- Be Customer centric - Effectively and proactively communicate with customers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Be an excellent Communicator - Communicate product vision, strategy, goals and progress. Be a spokesperson in conferences, customer and analysts briefings.
- Experienced (3 to 5+ years) in product design, product management, data science or engineering with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data science, Product design or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills on technical topics
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Passion for AI / ML technologies and familiarity with the space
- Experience in data collection, model building, testing and validation
- Experience with or knowledge of modern machine learning libraries, frameworks, and techniques (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, Deep Learning, Transfer Learning, Keras, NLP, feature engineering, automated hyperparameter tuning, and conventional machine learning techniques)
We're looking for individuals who enjoy taking responsibility for shipping great features that delight our customers. Our values:
- Empowerment: Take ownership and make bold decisions
- Curiosity: Be a humble teacher and active student
- Respect: Foster an inclusive, diverse and safe environment for everyone
- Balance: Know when to work, when to play and when to go home
- Solidarity: Transparently collaborate toward shared goals
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Fully-paid health benefits
- Flexible PTO policy in addition to 10 paid company holidays
- Commuter benefits and Health FSA
- Catered lunches and office snacks
- Team and Company off-sites and team building activities
- Healthy work-life balance - we expect our employees to enjoy their time at the office as well as outside of work
- Gym and Wellness benefit
- Based in downtown San Francisco, tech hub of the world
We're set up for success: SigOpt is supported by leading investors from Andreessen Horowitz, Two Sigma, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Blumberg Capital, and In-Q-Tel, and has earned awards from O'Reilly, Barclay's, CB Insights, and Gartner. Our community includes users from MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon and Harvard, and our partners include Amazon, Google, Intel and Nvidia. You can read about us in MLConf, NVIDIA, and our blog for more!