IAM / CIAM Strategist
Professional Services – Consulting /
We’re helping our customer navigate Identity and Access Management (IAM) challenges, specifically around setting up hybrid Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solutions that scale, provide seamless customer experience, and offer less constrains than traditional B2B IAM solutions.
You will work closely with both the business and technical teams to better understand the customer use cases, business constraints and other variables. Your understanding of IAM will help you evaluate the as-is state and current constraints, explore products or changes that could improve the customer experience, and adopt best practices from B2B IAM and CIAM to develop a hybrid solution that meets customer needs.
Our headquarters is in Seattle, but this position can be located anywhere in the US. We are open to candidates working remotely with some travel potential in the future.
- Help to set the IAM strategy, roadmap and capability prioritization
- Collaborate with Identity and Cyber leaders to define, strategize, plan and prioritize IAM capabilities by analyzing requirements
- Create IAM documentation and artifacts
- Assess the current Identity solutions and integrations with standard enterprise identity platforms; recommend new approaches
- Integrate with the vision and the direction of the next generation CIAM solution; build the business case and evangelize the solution to executive stakeholders
- Ensure a positive and seamless client experience for users
- Quantify the risks to both the end users and the client; articulate how the IAM solution will mitigate risks
- Work with other product managers, solution architects and management to prioritize high-level solution requirements
- Adjust product capabilities and strategy to maintain financial commitments
What you'll bring:
- Hands on Identity and Access Management experience to include privacy and security compliance assessments against:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 standards,
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model certification criteria,
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements
- Various categories of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and data,
- Understanding of concepts of IAM and CIAM solutions, such as entitlement management, federation and provisioning while maintaining a pulse on industry trends, standards, and disciplines
- Knowledge of application security and cloud security best practices with the ability to identify gaps, noncompliance and vulnerabilities as they apply to user and application access
- Ability to lead and resolve technical discussions that cross multiple business organizations
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and gain consensus on the vision; develop business program strategies, roadmaps and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of risk management methods and their application towards security, identity and access management within a regulated industry
- Strong analytical skills, complemented with the ability to create and manage quantitative based business analyses
- Passionate about what it takes to build and operate secure, reliable systems at scale
- Active listener with the ability to diplomatically ask probing questions
- Advocate for solving problems in innovative ways and delivering the right solutions for our clients
- Highly collaborative, intellectually curious, and self-driven
Sila will not sponsor any employee in this position for a work visa, now or in the future (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant or immigrant status)
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Seattle, WA and has offices in Shelton, CT and Washington, D.C. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Sila’s Covid-19 Vaccination Policy aligns with our client commitments, and we require all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices or any client facility to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exceptions to this policy are only granted to those with a company-approved accommodation which can be made for a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Prospective or new employees will be required to adhere to this policy and submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.