Corporate Responsibility Associate
Mountain View, CA
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility, the Associate will serve as a member of the Corporate Responsibility team and representative of the community foundation in our work to deliver excellent service to our donors, corporate clients and internal partners. The community foundation partners with more than 100 corporations, and supports corporate responsibility programs in a variety of ways.
- Support the work of the Directors and Managers of Corporate Responsibility (MCRs), as assigned, in their efforts to deliver responsive, effective and strategic grantmaking services to our clients.
- Provide administrative support during grant cycles, such as receiving, reviewing, organizing and cataloging electronic proposals, as well as looking up grant histories and communicating with nonprofit organizations.
- Assist a team dedicated to business relationships; supporting the community foundation’s Corporate Advised Funds’ (CAF) and Customized Philanthropy Services (CPS) clients’ programs.
- Create complex reports for clients on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Coordinate logistics for foundation sponsored events targeting corporate clients and prospects.
- Maintain and update database records, shared electronic filing system, and procedures and guidelines for each corporate grant program, as well as the overall department.
- Conduct research on nonprofit organizations, companies and events as needed. On occasion, prepare first drafts of client deliverables.
- Support a minimal portfolio of corporate CAFs and CPS engagements.
- Assist Corporate Responsibility team as needed in accomplishing departmental goals.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure CAFs are experiencing world-class service from the community foundation.
- BA/BS and one year relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite fluency, specifically Excel.
- Preference for proficiency in Blackbaud, GrantedEdge and other grants management systems such as CyberGrants and Smart Simple.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, with an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and adapt as required.
- Proactively able to manage work flow to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with corporate social responsibility, foundations and nonprofits highly preferred.
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation:
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.