Freight Product Operations Manager
Logistics – Freight /
Full Time /
Help us rebuild the oldest system in the world - the agricultural supply chain.
Silo’s vision is to perfect supply chains for a sustainable future. We build technology solutions which bring efficiency and transparency to the agricultural supply chain, and help our customers achieve their goals. Our modern ERP & Capital Solutions dramatically increase profit, improve product freshness, and reduce food waste for farmers, wholesalers, distributors, and buyers.
We are a highly motivated, curious, and bold team of engineers, designers, business and agricultural specialists taking on the challenge of transforming a centuries old industry. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to work cross functionally to realize Silo’s enormous potential.
Silo receives funding from preeminent investors Andreessen Horowitz, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Initialized Capital, Haystack, and Garry Tan. Silo is headquartered in San Francisco with distributed teams located across the United States and internationally.
We will work hard to make sure your decision to join us is worthwhile and rewarding. You’ll learn how a start-up operates and learn skills that will help you at any point in your career. You will be empowered to take initiative and get support to execute an idea from beginning to the end.
This Freight Product Operations Manager will join the new Silo freight team to own some of our first freight products - such as Instant Freight Quote and Book. As a starting member of this new team, this person will be responsible for day-to-day operations of key products, but also to provide a crucial feedback loop from the “front lines” into our product and strategy development. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a self-motivated but collaborative environment, and who can see problems before they occur, take the initiative to solve them, and share learnings so the team can adjust their strategy and goals as we build.
- Support the development and maintenance of our freight products, providing a customer experience that delights and provides value.
- Monitor and facilitate time-sensitive carrier load booking and management, including triaging escalations to the relevant team.
- Manage relationships and own data sharing protocols with carrier and transportation broker partners.
- Work with the Freight team to continuously refine, revisit and redirect Silo’s freight strategy and Go-to-Market strategy based on learnings from our Operational processes.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to solve problems as well as ensure processes and systems are functioning as expected with desired outcomes.
- Own researching, developing, and reporting on payment KPIs, as well as SLA success rates, and develop recommendations for improvements
- 3-5 years of experience working with customer-facing operations products, ideally in freight, logistics or supply chain.
- Comfort with metrics and analytical methods.
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct day to day work, while still remaining an active and collaborative member of a small but highly productive team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with finance, operations, product, account + implementation, sales, and engineering teams.
- Based in the US.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working at a tech company.
$130,000 - $150,000 a year
Silo is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. This salary range may include multiple levels. Actual compensation will be based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. Salary is just one component of Silo's total compensation package for employees.
Apply with your cover letter & resume and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to a competitive salary, Silo offers comprehensive company sponsored health insurance, wellness and meal stipends, flexible PTO, 401(k), and a substantial paid parental leave policy. We respect a healthy work-life balance and want to make sure you get the time you need. Our flexible schedules and time-off policies mean you can tailor when you work to your needs.
How to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and encourage anyone to apply.