Data Warehouse Engineer
Austin Downtown, TX
Corporate – Business Operations
Silvercar's unique combination of hardware, software and operations combine to deliver a full stack ecosystem of new mobility solutions. The acquisition of Silvercar helps Audi strengthen its platforms to serve the evolving mobility needs of the U.S. marketplace. Today Silvercar offers three primary mobility products: The first is Silvercar by Audi, a premium car rental service, which allows for seamless access to transportation in cities and airports locations. The second is Dealerware, a B2B product that enables dealerships to streamline the management of their service loaner fleets. By leveraging this unique combination, Audi and Silvercar will continue to deliver cutting edge mobility solutions across its transportation ecosystem. The third is Audi Select, a monthly subscription service, available exclusively in the Dallas-Ft. Worth-area.
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. Our fully-connected, intelligent platform streamlines the difficult-to-master task of fleet management at retail automotive dealerships, whether they need to better manage loaner and courtesy vehicle operations, subscription programs or hybrids of each. Today’s service loaners exist to improve the customer experience, but as these fleets grow in units and complexity, they too often create inefficiencies, increased costs, and frustrations for both dealership personnel as well as customers. Dealerware believes that technology, automation and experience design has brought us into a time when all of that can change.
By taking a mobile-first, connected approach, Dealerware saves upwards of 90% of traditional contract time, allowing service departments to delight customers by getting them on the road quickly and painlessly, while recovering hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for dealerships that they were spending on fuel, tolls, and lost operational efficiencies. This combination of efficiency and experience have led to a nearly 30 point increase in CSI for Dealerware customers.
Silvercar has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Data Warehouse Engineer. As part of company’s growing Business Intelligence team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and implement technology and data solutions to meet current and future data warehousing and reporting needs. You will work closely with Products, Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to build and support company’s data warehouse and ETL platform to move, manipulate, and extract data from distributed systems.
As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement relational and dimensional models in AWS Redshift
- Design, build and support stable, scalable data pipelines or ETL processes that cleanse, structure and integrate big data sets from multiple data sources into Redshift and provision to transactional systems and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Work with Products, Engineering and Business Intelligence teams on normalizing and aggregating large data sets based on business needs and requirements.
- Familiarity with different data formats (JSON, xml, SQL, MYSQL, No-SQL) and interact with various on-premise and cloud data sources as well as RESTful APIs.
- Establish, maintain and administer AWS Redshift clusters and other data infrastructure
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Required qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a data warehousing or data engineering role
- Must have 1+ years of experience in AWS Redshift, schema design, system performance & optimization, capacity planning
- Proven ability to design, develop, and maintain data warehousing and ETL work flows for large data sets and interact with various sources
- Knowledge of industry standard ETL tools (AWS Glue or other 3rd party), as well as writing your own utilizing Python is preferred
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, RedShift, Data Pipeline)
- Experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or data science
- Hands-on knowledge in using advanced SQL/MYSQL queries (analytical functions)
- Strong programming and scripting skills (Python experience is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Silvercar offers you:
- Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Working in a dynamic team in downtown Austin
- Friendly, small company environment with progressive culture and flexible hours, backed by Audi, a 107-year-old automotive industry leader
- Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
Silvercar is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.