VP of Corporate Communications and Brand
Austin Downtown, TX
Corporate – Marketing
Silvercar's unique combination of hardware, software and operations combine to deliver a full stack ecosystem of new mobility solutions. The acquisition of Silvercar helps Audi strengthen its platforms to serve the evolving mobility needs of the U.S. marketplace. Today Silvercar offers three primary mobility products: The first is Silvercar by Audi, a premium car rental service, which allows for seamless access to transportation in cities and airports locations. The second is Dealerware, a B2B product that enables dealerships to streamline the management of their service loaner fleets. By leveraging this unique combination, Audi and Silvercar will continue to deliver cutting edge mobility solutions across its transportation ecosystem. The third is Audi Select, a monthly subscription service, available exclusively in the Dallas-Ft. Worth-area.
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. Our fully-connected, intelligent platform streamlines the difficult-to-master task of fleet management at retail automotive dealerships, whether they need to better manage loaner and courtesy vehicle operations, subscription programs or hybrids of each. Today’s service loaners exist to improve the customer experience, but as these fleets grow in units and complexity, they too often create inefficiencies, increased costs, and frustrations for both dealership personnel as well as customers. Dealerware believes that technology, automation and experience design has brought us into a time when all of that can change.
By taking a mobile-first, connected approach, Dealerware saves upwards of 90% of traditional contract time, allowing service departments to delight customers by getting them on the road quickly and painlessly, while recovering hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for dealerships that they were spending on fuel, tolls, and lost operational efficiencies. This combination of efficiency and experience have led to a nearly 30 point increase in CSI for Dealerware customers.
Silvercar has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President of Corporate Communications and Brand.
This position is responsible for overseeing the brand and corporate communications strategy for Silvercar Inc. and the portfolio of product brands. The VP will provide oversight over all communication functions including social media, crisis communications, internal communications, corporate social responsibility and external PR and media relation efforts. They will serve as the company’s voice on a range of topics including mobility, travel, automotive disruption, and shared transportation matters and initiatives. As a diverse company of brands, the VP of Corporate Communication and Brand will have important responsibilities vis-a-vis stakeholders across core business units, local markets and Audi of America.
This individual will also be key in helping to establish the overarching corporate brand vision and identity, define product brand positions, drive consistent brand experiences, and orchestrate efforts that drive to broader awareness for the company and its products. This leader must work with a high sense of urgency, communicate clearly and concisely, deal with ambiguity, work calmly under pressure, demonstrate collaboration and represent the brand at the highest standards within and outside of the organization.
This is a full-time role is based in Austin, TX, and reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Silvercar Inc.
As a VP of Corporate Communications and Brand, you will:
- Develop and execute a clear and thorough communications plan in support of the three distinct business units: Silvercar by Audi, Dealerware, and Audi select.
- Develop written materials (story pitches, messaging guidelines, briefs, Q&As, presentations, speeches, etc.) and manage the approval process with Silvercar Inc. and Audi of America stakeholders.
- Manage executive thought leadership responsibilities and identify opportunities for op-eds by Silvercar principals.
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters in market.
- Identify proactive press opportunities and drive national announcements in support of corporate and consumer communication goals.
- Set a regular cadence for measurement and reporting.
- Work together with the HR team to develop and roll-out a comprehensive internal communications plan and support internal corporate culture initiatives.
- Work cross functionally to build out and establish a CSR program that aligns with the overarching corporate mission.
- Drive integrated brand strategies and content creation across brand advertising, social media, pr, influencer relations, and partnerships.
- Select and manage key relationship with agencies including creative, content and PR.
- Work with the Director of Brand to refine brand strategy that is aligned with the company strategy and oversee the brand roll-out including naming, brand architecture, and brand identity efforts
- Manage the centralized support of creative content that aligns with the overall brand strategy and communications plan.
- Management of budget and resource allocation to support success and efficiency
- Establish and build relationships with Audi of America and align with a cross-functional communications team in support of mobility initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications and brand management/brand advertising, preference to those with mobility, disruptive technology, or automotive experience
- Previously held senior director, VP, or executive levels at similar sized organizations leading strategy and people
- Good knowledge of mobility matters - more specifically relating to automotive, technology, or the sharing economy
- Experience managing teams and multiple brands at once
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organization
- Previous demonstrated linkage of communications efforts to an organization’s broader strategy and campaign plans
- Experience in managing crisis situations and remaining calm in stressful situations
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Strong portfolio of writing examples
- Understanding of B2B and B2C communications a must
Silvercar is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.