Full Stack / Node.js. Developer
Austin Downtown, TX
Corporate – Audi Select
Silvercar's unique combination of hardware, software and operations combine to deliver a full stack ecosystem of new mobility solutions. The acquisition of Silvercar helps Audi strengthen its platforms to serve the evolving mobility needs of the U.S. marketplace. Today Silvercar offers three primary mobility products: The first is Silvercar by Audi, a premium car rental service, which allows for seamless access to transportation in cities and airports locations. The second is Dealerware, a B2B product that enables dealerships to streamline the management of their service loaner fleets. By leveraging this unique combination, Audi and Silvercar will continue to deliver cutting edge mobility solutions across its transportation ecosystem. The third is Audi Select, a monthly subscription service, available exclusively in the Dallas-Ft. Worth-area.
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. Our fully-connected, intelligent platform streamlines the difficult-to-master task of fleet management at retail automotive dealerships, whether they need to better manage loaner and courtesy vehicle operations, subscription programs or hybrids of each. Today’s service loaners exist to improve the customer experience, but as these fleets grow in units and complexity, they too often create inefficiencies, increased costs, and frustrations for both dealership personnel as well as customers. Dealerware believes that technology, automation and experience design has brought us into a time when all of that can change.
By taking a mobile-first, connected approach, Dealerware saves upwards of 90% of traditional contract time, allowing service departments to delight customers by getting them on the road quickly and painlessly, while recovering hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for dealerships that they were spending on fuel, tolls, and lost operational efficiencies. This combination of efficiency and experience have led to a nearly 30 point increase in CSI for Dealerware customers.
Silvercar is a company built for the new mobility, combining proven, groundbreaking technology with world class vehicles, and focused operations. We prioritize the customer experience first, with the guiding philosophy of being both industry challenger and consumer champion.
We are currently hiring a Full Stack Developer with Node.js experience to join our Audi select division. Audi select is a new flexible monthly vehicle subscription service offered by Audi of America. With Audi select, there is no need stress about a long-term commitment to just one car because the subscription provides access to a collection of Audi vehicles including sport, SUV and Cabriolet models.
We’re looking for an experienced Developer who can drive development of RESTful APIs while building out a rapidly scaling backend. Ideal candidates will have experience with web programming, be comfortable working with cloud platforms, know the ins and outs of whatever frameworks and libraries they currently use, and be open to mastering new frameworks when necessary.
This role will be for Silvercar by Audi.
As a Node.js Developer, you will:
- Build reusable APIs for our client facing apps in Node.js
- Create and maintain scalable infrastructure leveraging modern cloud platforms
- Build amazing UX client side apps with React or other JS frameworks
- Write tests and documentation as you implement features with your team
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools
Your peers would say:
- You’re insatiably curious. You get into the latest shifts in technology and newest trends in design.
- You’re thick skinned. Courageously open your projects to scrutiny and feedback daily
- You use both sides of your brain. You consider problems with analysis and solve them with creativity.
- You’re flexible and adaptable. You know priorities change and you’re ready to pivot.
- You’re a great communicator. You know how to present your work and tailor the delivery to your audience, whether a crowd or one on one.
- We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but you should have experience in:
- 3+ years of professional software development in Node.js
- 2+ years of professional software development in React or other JS framework
- Experience documenting and testing RESTful APIs
- Experience working with databases in PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
- Experience and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with others in an Agile environment
Even better if you have:
- BA or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience building cloud based services for scalability
- Experience using application state management with Redux or similar library
- Experience using Hapi.js to enhance reusability of application logic
- Experience building and maintaining services-oriented architecture
Silvercar offers you:
- Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Working in a dynamic team in downtown Austin
- Friendly, small company environment with progressive culture and flexible hours, backed by Audi, a 107-year-old automotive industry leader
- Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
Silvercar is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.