Engineering – Systems Engineering /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking a Engineering Director, reporting to the VP of Engineering, who will be part of the Engineering team working in the field of wireless communication and signal processing to build and lead a cross functional engineering team in Silvus’ San Diego office for product research and development. This position is 100% onsite Monday through Friday and the location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ office located in Rancho Bernardo, North San Diego CA office.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. R&D and Engineering management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time as needed.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit and build a new team from ground up. Team members required are primarily in the following engineering fields
- -----Wireless communication system engineers
- -----Embedded software developer
- -----FPGA design engineers
- -----Test engineers
- Interface with the company management as well as the engineering and R&D staff in Los Angeles, to include:
- -----Regular technical and programmatic meetings and discussions
- -----Regular travel to the Los Angeles Silvus head quarter for facetime with the rest of the team
- Supervising and guiding team members’ day to day work and longer-term tasks
- Driving product innovation and improvement and executing other projects with a focus on the physical layer and other cross layer functions and overseeing the whole process from the beginning to the finish
- Managing project schedule and execution
- Work with the team and larger Silvus organization to define system architectures, interfaces, algorithms, and protocols.
- Implementing best practices and engineering methods within the team and/or across different functions
- Participate in lab and field testing and demonstration as needed
- As necessary, perform other related duties of which the above are representative
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS – Regular travel to Silvus Los Angeles office. Occasional domestic and international travel, including overnight, to support experimentation and demonstration of technology and products under development.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Minimum 10 years of relevant wireless communication systems design experience; 8 years of wireless communication systems design experience with a Master’s; 6 years wireless communication systems design experience with PhD
- Proven track record in building and leading a team to work productively and deliver quality results on schedule
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team for communication or signal processing systems design, implementation, and validation.
- Experience in project management involving cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience in the design of MIMO and OFDM systems
- Experience in supervising FPGA designers and embedded software developers
- Strong expertise in digital signal processing algorithms and their applications
- Solid knowledge about RF signal propagation and channel modeling
- Familiarity with mixed signal and RF circuit impairments and modeling
- Physical ability to perform lab and field testing and demonstration.
- NOTE - Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a focus in wireless communication or signal processing
- Knowledge of Medium Access Controls, wireless ad-hoc networking and routing algorithms
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize the team’s tasks to meet both short-term and longer team needs
$220,000 - $250,000 a year
The salary range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - As a US Federal Contractor, Silvus Technologies requires that ALL candidates being considered for employment for any position (regardless of level) MUST be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen). Stricter U.S. Citizen ONLY requirements (needed for some Engineering or R&D roles) will be included in the Required Qualifications section of the posted position. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.