Los Angeles /
Operations – HR /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
The Office Coordinator has primary responsibility of the front desk reception area and provides administrative and clerical support for a growing High-Tech Communications company located in Westwood. The position is full-time, onsite Monday through Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time in its discretion:
- Primary responsibility for the front desk and overseeing the office environment.
- Manage office tasks and communications.
- Greet public and clients; direct them to the correct staff member.
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member; take and distribute accurate messages.
- Follow visitor protocol and process visitor request forms.
- Coordinate and organize appointments and meetings.
- Coordinate and organize travel arrangements for staff.
- Coordinate and maintain staff administrative records such as internal staff badges, staff, parking, telephone directory, photo directory and seating chart.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and packages; Prepare outgoing mail for distribution.
- Monitor and maintain supplies for office as well as snacks and beverages for all break rooms.
- Assist with event planning and implementation, including coordinating weekly office lunches and monthly birthday celebrations.
- Maintain office filing and storage systems; fax, scan, and copy documents.
- Assist with documentation and logging (data entry) activities.
- Type documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Keep office area clean and tidy.
- Support teams with various administrative tasks.
- Performs other related duties, as necessary, of which the above are representative
- Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum Experience:
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Internet skills including use of emails, group messaging and data collection
- Skills Required:
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, initiative, and problem-solving ability.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, reliability, teamwork.
- Understanding and commitment to customer service with a high emphasis on professionalism and a positive, user-friendly attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a U.S. person
- (U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Certifications/Licenses Required:
- Security Clearances Required:
- Office Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following:
- Extended periods sitting.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on occasion.
$22 - $22 an hour
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.