Senior Contracts & Compliance Manager
Legal – Legal /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for all phases of contract administration as well as ensuring compliance with all terms and conditions therein. This may include leading and/or participating in proposal preparation responses to customer RFI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s which may involve NDA’s and cost and price analyses, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer activities in accordance with company policies, contract and legal requirements, and customer specifications. Serve as the company’s primary point of contact for contractual matters, including terms and conditions of sale. Provide timely and effective customer communications and develop and maintain positive customer relationships for both internal and external customers. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
The Contracts Manager position reports to the General Counsel with a dotted line to the Chief Executive Officer. This position is on a hybrid schedule, with a minimum of 3 days on-site per week expected. On-site days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The location for this role is Silvus Technologies’ HQ in the heart of vibrant West LA.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all contractual matters for the company. This includes being the primary point of contact, overseeing the delivery of contracts, and ensuring that all contractual obligations are met before contracts are finalized.
- Work with management to ensure compliance with all applicable acquisition regulations, including FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR, TINA, FCPA.
- Develop, negotiate, and administer contracts, major subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, and other agreements in support of business operations, research and development, production, and services.
- Manages contract change control process. Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Analyzes and reviews regulatory publications, new laws, and contract trends for potential impact on business goals and objectives, ensuring compliance with all. Functions as domain expert on selected areas and issues.
- Focal point for all communication with legal, finance, and business development disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Represents the company in external negotiations to a diverse set of customers.
- Prepares, negotiates, executes, interprets, and administers legally binding complex contractual agreements.
- Exercises appropriate signature authority in negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing, and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies.
- Maintains all import and export related records.
- Supports the Global Supply Chain Strategy team on key initiatives and company goals.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in administration of DOD/Government and/or Aerospace Manufacturing Government contract environment.
- Expert knowledge of contractual concepts and Government regulations, including FAR, DFARS.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with refined written and oral skills.
- Familiarity with Export regulations pertaining to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Strong experience with all types of contracts, including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, and T&M.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- May require the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at the appropriate level.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MBA, JD, CPCM, or other related Contracts certification
- Good understanding of accounting procedures and rate structures.
$140,000 - $160,000 a year
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.