Senior Wireless Communication Systems Engineer - East Coast
Washington, D.C. /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus is seeking a full time Senior Wireless Communication Systems Engineer to participate in the development of Silvus’ MANET radios and advanced research projects.
- System performance and requirement specification
- Algorithm and protocol design for wireless communications systems
- Matlab & C/C++ based simulator development
- Fixed point design and simulation
- System architecture definition
- Handoff to and work with the hardware and software team for system implementation and testing
- Work with the hardware and the software team to characterize and trouble shoot system performance issues
- MSEE required, PhD in Electrical Engineering a plus
- 5+ years of relevant communication systems design experience
- Experienced in the design and development of OFDM based systems, a must
- Fluent with C/C++ and/or MATLAB a must
- Must possess a working knowledge of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, digital communication technologies
- Knowledge of signal processing algorithms a definite plus
- Knowledge of MIMO systems a definite plus
- Knowledge of Medium Access Controls and networking a definite plus
- Knowledge of wireless ad-hoc networking and routing algorithms a definite plus
- Experience with wireless communication hardware a definite plus
- Must be a U.S. Person ( permanent resident or citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Ability to pass a background check
There are opportunities available for this role in both Los Angeles, CA and Washington D.C.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.