Principal Research & Development Systems Engineer - East Coast
Washington, D.C. /
Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus is seeking a full time Principal R&D Systems Engineer to participate in the development of Silvus’ MANET radios and advanced research projects.
- System performance and requirement specification.
- System architecture definition.
- Algorithm and protocol design for wireless communications systems.
- Simulation model development for NS2 and MATLAB simulators.
- Handoff to and work with the hardware and software teams for system implementation and testing.
- Work with the hardware and the software team to characterize and troubleshoot system performance issues.
- MSEE with a focus on communications (PhD a plus)
- Experience in the design and development of wireless media access control (MAC) protocols
- Experience in the design and development of wireless link adaptation protocols
- Fluent in C/C++ and/or MATLAB
- Must possess a working knowledge of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, and digital communication technologies
- Knowledge of wireless ad-hoc networking and routing algorithms a plus
- Experience with wireless communication hardware a definite plus
- Knowledge of signal processing algorithms a definite plus
- Knowledge of MIMO systems a definite plus
- Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Ability to pass background check
There are opportunities available for this role in both Los Angeles, CA and Washington D.C.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.