Electronics Quality Control Inspector
Operations – Quality Control /
Silvus Technologies is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons.
Silvus StreamCaster ™ radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers.
Would you like to join an incredibly talented group of people, doing very challenging work, with the prime directive of “Keeping Our Heroes Connected”?
Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
Silvus is seeking an Electronics Quality Control Inspector reporting to the Quality Supervisor on the Operations - Quality Control team. The Inspector will conduct thorough inspections, maintain accurate documentation, and ensure that proper procedures are followed for incoming electronic and mechanical parts, as well as during the manufacturing and testing processes. Moreover, this position will work closely with engineering and suppliers to recommend any necessary changes or improvements if any quality issues, anomalies, or failures arise.
This position is full-time, 100% on-site daily, Monday through Friday, at Silvus Technologies’ HQ, which is in the heart of vibrant West LA.
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and document inspections on various products and processes. This includes inspecting electronic cables, GPS devices, Wi-Fi dongles, connectors, mechanical enclosures, shields, and other critical components.
- Conduct inspections for raw materials, parts, and components, as well as perform fit checks as necessary.
- Inspect First Article components and subassemblies.
- Prepare in-process inspection reports, ensuring that they are complete and accurate.
- Maintain Quality documentation.
- Identify the serviceability of parts and components, along with the appropriate tooling.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of electronic part inspection experience.
- Experience with utilizing inspection tools (i.e., multi-meters, calipers, micrometers, microscopes).
- Ability to read basic schematics, specifically those related to PCBs and PWAs.
- Read and interpret part documentation, including blueprints, drawings, schematics, etc.
- Proficient with PC and familiar with MS Office.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be highly attentive to details, and have the capacity to handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Possess effective oral and written communication.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- IPC-J-STD 610 or 001 Certified is a plus.
- Capability to adhere to established procedures.
- Flexibility to frequently adapt to changing priorities.
- Possessing a talent for evaluating and prioritizing tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional exposure to heat, cold, and allergens while performing tests and/or demonstrations in the field.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Walking/Moving in the labs.
$22 - $25 an hour
The pay range is NOT a guarantee, is based on market research and peer data, and will vary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
NOTE - Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to U.S. government contracts. Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check. This does NOT apply to International positions; only job postings for positions located in the US.
Silvus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion or belief, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Silvus does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Silvus Technologies.